PDA

View Full Version : FW upgrade and UI settings missing - Bizhub c364e

Custom Search

narzard
05-26-2017, 03:32 PM
I have the newest firmware on a formatted (fat32/8GB) thumb drive. It is in the designated USB slot for firmware. Upon booting the printer, it recognizes the firmware, but gives the me the error "Firmware Update, Error, This is invalid External Memory, Please make sure the External Memory"

The second issue that I am having is that not all the settings that in the user manual appear in the web UI. When I log into the web UI and login as administrator, then proceed to the "Network" tab, the option for machine update settings do not exist.

Konica Guide : Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/Jw8P9IE) (machine isw settings present)
My c634e: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/q5cxsXa) (isw/machine update settings not present)

I have tried service mode, (counter > keypad > stop > 0> 0 >stop >0> 1 > end) but, once i press counter and get to that screen, the keypad button does not come up with anything. Just beeps, no keypad appears.

Ultimately, SMB1 has been disabled on the entire network and the only way to get this mfp to work again is tell it to user smb2 or 3. I do not have these options in the current firmware. That is ultimate goal.

Woxner
05-26-2017, 03:38 PM
sometimes you need to split the firmware. do the controller last. select no for controller or printer. sometimes unpluging the feeder ands sorter works.

Woxner
05-26-2017, 03:40 PM
stop 00 stp 01 after you hit meter details

emujo2
05-26-2017, 05:05 PM
You may be mistaken on what kind of device you have..Your images show that you have a C364, not an e series. Possibly you are trying to load the wrong f/w. Emujo

mthomasebs
05-26-2017, 05:11 PM
I spotted that, C364 and C364e take completely different firmware.

If your firmware folder starts with "A5C1" this is incorrect. It should begin "A161".

Also its recommended to use a smaller USB device, preferably 2gb/4gb. I don't know if 8gb works.

narzard
05-26-2017, 05:40 PM
I spotted that, C364 and C364e take completely different firmware.

If your firmware folder starts with "A5C1" this is incorrect. It should begin "A161".

Also its recommended to use a smaller USB device, preferably 2gb/4gb. I don't know if 8gb works.

This seems like it may be the issue. There were some translation issues upon buying the FW and they seem to have sent me the wrong one! Good eye! Thanks!

narzard
05-26-2017, 07:15 PM
You may be mistaken on what kind of device you have..Your images show that you have a C364, not an e series. Possibly you are trying to load the wrong f/w. Emujo

This was the issue. I was using the c364e fw and I needed the c364 fw. Now it is upgraded and I cannot find a setting that allows me to transmit files over the network using SMB2 or 3. Is there a trick to doing that? I hope the printer supports smb2. The network > SMB settings portion of the web UI does not have a setting to change the protocol. Thank you!

emujo2
05-26-2017, 07:57 PM
In for a penny, in for a pound...You need special firmware to make the non e work like an e series. I don't have access to the details at the moment. Emujo

You need GB0-K9 (I think) this provides support for SHA-256, TLS 1.2 and SMB 3.0.

slytukana
05-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Try use 1G/2G usb will do so 8 is too big for the machine read

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

Custom Search