PDA

View Full Version : C6500 replacing fuser roller belt -- alternatives for "hydro wipe" step?

Custom Search

jay3
05-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Docs say when laying the roller on the ground, to spread a hydro wipe under it in order to not let the developer adhere to the roller. Is there something else I could use for this step? Baby wipes?? I have plenty of those. :D

Synthohol
05-28-2017, 09:29 PM
wait, what?
if they are really nasty ill clean the foam ones with IPA but the belt goes on like it came out of the box.
couple drops of fuser oil in the bearings if they make any sound and done.

sadly i have a couple hundred fuser belt changes under my belt and this works for me.YMMV.

methogod
05-29-2017, 09:11 AM
they are saying just put some paper before laying any of the fuser rollers on the machine, they assume there is Developer laying around... which there shouldn't be, but you can always wipe rollers with IPA or De-Ink....

jay3
05-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Thanks! Maybe I'll make a video of the process.

mircea
05-31-2017, 11:05 AM
Thanks! Maybe I'll make a video of the process.

when u buy that belt u will see that it comes with a paper wraped @ it and some protection. Take it off only after you finish mouting upper part of the fuser.
There is a chance that you will damage it ..so this is why it is better to not take off the papar+protection before u finish mouting it.

I damaged one fusing belt few years ago and since thn i never take it off before i finish mouting all rollers.

Best of luck!

Custom Search