PDA

View Full Version : yellow dots konica 7000p

Custom Search

mastarad
06-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Hi friends,
I have a little problem. I have two machines. One of them c6000 press have little yellow tracking invisible in fact. Second one is a km c7000p and there are much bigger yellow dots. Yellow dots are vissible on black 100% coverage also. Have you got any idea? Mayby firmware?

Phil B.
06-01-2017, 03:25 PM
sounds like you have either drum or transfer belt issues... no not firmware

pull the items mentioned inspect for any indents on belt that match up with printout..same with drums

mastarad
06-01-2017, 05:21 PM
So what i have to do? Swap drums and 1btr rollers? I find sthg. I bougt c7000 two month ago and previous owner.... He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit.

Phil B.
06-01-2017, 05:26 PM
So what i have to do? Swap drums and 1btr rollers? I find sthg. I bougt c7000 two month ago and previous owner.... He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit.
no do not swap.. INSPECT the belt/roller and drums for dents dot... replace the damaged unit

putting tape on the bearing is NOT a good idea..can cause major issues.

are you a tech or end user?

mastarad
06-01-2017, 05:32 PM
I am not sure that you know what is yellow tracking dots. There is no damage. Quality is very good. All prints are perfect but yellow tracking dots is too big and vissible without enlargement glass.

mastarad
06-01-2017, 05:34 PM
I think that tape is for protect the drums from scratches.

Phil B.
06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I am not sure that you know what is yellow tracking dots. There is no damage. Quality is very good. All prints are perfect but yellow tracking dots is too big and vissible without enlargement glass.

there should be no " tracking dots" this is NOT normal in ANY of the products I have worked on in the past 28 years... not copiers.. not printers... never saw them in KM.. Canon ..Kyro/mita .. Toshiba .. Xerox .. Oki .. Panasonic .. Sharps... Samsung.. Oce

SOMETHING is causing them ...

and as far as the 'tape' this is what you said " He increased the distance between the drum and the developer by sticking the tape onto the bearing in developer unit. " UNLESS you are a design engineer you should never modify the spacing on anything.. that can lead to toner spill/dusting.

Coptech
06-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Actually, Konica and I assume other manufacturers have used yellow tracking dots on color machines. The not so random pattern will identify manufacturer, model, and even the serial number of the machine if you know the code. It is anti-counterfeiting countermeasures mandated by the fed. That is why all boards have the machine serial number embedded so that you can't "fool the system". Supposed to be visible under microscope but not so much with naked eye. That is why they chose yellow to make them a little more "invisible".

Why You Can't Print Counterfeit Money on Your Color Laser | PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/229647/counterfeit_money_on_color_laser_printers.html)

Phil B.
06-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Actually, Konica and I assume other manufacturers have used yellow tracking dots on color machines. The not so random pattern will identify manufacturer, model, and even the serial number of the machine if you know the code. It is anti-counterfeiting countermeasures mandated by the fed. That is why all boards have the machine serial number embedded so that you can't "fool the system". Supposed to be visible under microscope but not so much with naked eye. That is why they chose yellow to make them a little more "invisible".

Why You Can't Print Counterfeit Money on Your Color Laser | PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/229647/counterfeit_money_on_color_laser_printers.html)

key word microscope

if they are visible to the naked eye SOMETHING is wrong.

mastarad
06-02-2017, 07:45 AM
So we know about yellow dots. It is normal in laser printing... What is a reason that my c7000p make a much bigger dots than c6000p.

DigiMan
06-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Well about the tapes im pretty sure the previous owner tried to fix some density balance issues with that but never heard of tape
on a bearing..As far as the tracking dots it's very well known why and how it is,i remember in my PRESS c8000 training the dots were so large
you could see them clearly even in white paper(just a blank print).When i asked the instructor why they were so large he said it was normal...go figure.
Anyway as a tech on several 7's i've never seen them so clearly as you state,are you a tech or end user?
If you are a tech you could try to inspect all the parts,do some FW updates etc..by the by whats the previous owner has to say about it?

habik
06-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Get a matchstick and put it next to the dots, then take a picture with smartphoine on macro mode so we have at least idea if the machine has been making some money or not :D

I am really intrigued as how visible it is.

Flashing it with firmware can help.

blackcat4866
06-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Get a matchstick and put it next to the dots, then take a picture with smartphoine on macro mode so we have at least idea if the machine has been making some money or not :D

I am really intrigued as how visible it is.

Flashing it with firmware can help.

It may help us see these dots if you were to illuminate the image with an ultraviolet flashlight. Yellow becomes much more visible. =^..^=

mastarad
06-29-2017, 08:23 PM
solved. Developer.

Synthohol
06-29-2017, 10:21 PM
basic troubleshooting, swap the yellow and magenta DV units. put tape over the holes of course and reinstall. leave the toner door open so it wont try to add toner during this test.
make the same print/copy you get the dots on. if the dots change color to magenta you now eliminated the drum and DV unit as the cause. if they remain yellow you have a bad drum or developer/unit.

LOL, when answering a post be sure to read the next page if any. i didn't ;)

Custom Search