PDA

View Full Version : Jamming ECOSYS M3540idn not pulling single sheets from the bypass

Custom Search

n25an
06-02-2017, 09:09 PM
i got a m3540idn that works great even from the bypass save every once in a while it will not be able to detect single sheets...
the tray will snap up... the paperfeed roller will try to pull but will not be able to get traction. the tray snaps up and down a couple of times then reports a jam... The roller looks new... I am replacing the bypass paperfeed kit... I am checking if there is anything else I should take a look at... as always this is from the desktop family of kyocera mfps... so anyone with experience on these... feel free to chime in...

aktasson
06-03-2017, 12:43 PM
First of all i would say - firmware update first. Actual version is 06.07.0010. Do you have the e-log file on usb stick? On the e-log printout have a look to the jam errors and codes.

n25an
06-07-2017, 01:03 AM
nope but I can get the firmware... I also have the paperfeed kit for the bypass on order... along with the cork strip that sits on the tray...

Kyo fan
06-07-2017, 07:11 AM
You will need to replace entire drive feed assy.

n25an
06-09-2017, 02:36 AM
thankfully never got that far... I replaced the bypass feed rollers and separation pad... while doing that I realized something... the springs could be weak... so I raised the base for the springs that supported the flap that goes up and down... spring on left and right... by doing a macgyverism... I used a piece of paper to elevate the springs a bit... after that it worked like a charm... the roller out was a bastard... took out the whole front cover... never want to do that again...

You will need to replace entire drive feed assy.

Custom Search