PDA

View Full Version : C308 Scanner Ghost/Image Problem

Custom Search

mthomasebs
06-08-2017, 10:07 AM

The print closest to the camera is a full colour closed ADF scan with colour inverted to make it black.
The further print is a standard skyshot with the ADF open.

What could be causing this issue? I've had a similar one before which was fixed by adding a small bit of folded paper under the scanner mirror mounting clips.

I'm now gonna pop it open but it would be good to get some input.

mthomasebs
06-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Turns out the scanner is bent. The left front corner which is unsupported was lower than usual, i suspect it was leaned on during packing. I've lifted it back up and the image is now fine.

Would you recommend I send it back? Are these scanners inherently vulnerable to damage/poor image quality when leaned on? I've set up 100's of these machines but only today have i really seen the weakness that is this scanner.

Tech Helpdesk
06-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Turns out the scanner is bent. The left front corner which is unsupported was lower than usual, i suspect it was leaned on during packing. I've lifted it back up and the image is now fine.

Would you recommend I send it back? Are these scanners inherently vulnerable to damage/poor image quality when leaned on? I've set up 100's of these machines but only today have i really seen the weakness that is this scanner.

Did you check the CCD bulletin ? If the scanner is bent then I personally would consider sending it back to KM or at the very least advise them so they can improve the machine packaging.

copier addict
06-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure what I was supposed to see in the picture, but the front left corner of the scanner sagging is not a new thing. It has been an issue going all the way back to the Di250. I will say that with the newer models it seems a lot easier to cause it to sag.
I will either just grab the corner and gently lift, or remove the left side cover and loosen the screws while lifting and then re-tighten the screws.
Hope this helps

mthomasebs
06-08-2017, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure what I was supposed to see in the picture, but the front left corner of the scanner sagging is not a new thing. It has been an issue going all the way back to the Di250. I will say that with the newer models it seems a lot easier to cause it to sag.
I will either just grab the corner and gently lift, or remove the left side cover and loosen the screws while lifting and then re-tighten the screws.
Hope this helpsYeah this is what i've done.

It's new setup in the workshop so its probably going to go back.

This is if i push it down:

This is if i lift it up:

We have visit from KM monday so i'll ask about it then. Its amazing the difference a couple of mm will make.

copier addict
06-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah this is what i've done.

It's new setup in the workshop so its probably going to go back.

This is if i push it down:

This is if i lift it up:

We have visit from KM monday so i'll ask about it then. Its amazing the difference a couple of mm will make.

I agree, if it new out of the box, I would be sending it back too.

EarthKmTech
06-09-2017, 02:09 AM
Glad to see we are not the only ones experiencing bent scanners on the 8 series.

I suspect the scanner bottom plate and frame is made of thinner metal than previous generations.

We are getting several just miraculously end up with massive skew from one day to the next with no fix possible other than machine replacement. You can spend hours or days trying to correct but you will get no where, you can have either the flatbed ok or the adf, never both when this happens.

Custom Search