PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta AirPrint non "e" models

Custom Search

progoffice
06-08-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm setting up a few used non "e" (C364/C454) models for resale. Is their a way to give these models AirPrint capability via firmware etc.? I've recently had to give non "e" models "e" functionality to allow scan to email in Office 365, but I didn't see that it also gave them the ability to AirPrint.

copier addict
06-08-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm setting up a few used non "e" (C364/C454) models for resale. Is their a way to give these models AirPrint capability via firmware etc.? I've recently had to give non "e" models "e" functionality to allow scan to email in Office 365, but I didn't see that it also gave them the ability to AirPrint.

As far as I know it isn't possible. Have you suggested Pagescope Mobile for your customers?

mdtrinh
06-08-2017, 07:06 PM

I just use an old C450 Fiery (any old PC just fine) to serve as Airprint server.
- use SATA DVD connect to Fiery to install Ubuntu server (ver 16.04 headless), remove DVD and configure server via SSH.
- install CUPS (common unix print system), configure CUPS via web browser.
- install linux printer driver (make sure it configure as share printer).
- connect Fiery (now is Airprint server) to the same network with the copier/printer.
- mac/ios device will be able to see copier/printer to print now.
It can be done with old Fiery using PC motherboard or old PC, no monitor, keyboard, or mouse require.
Hope this help

copier tech
06-08-2017, 07:41 PM
There is a special "version up" firmware available that gives the non e series the same functionality as the e series, this may include the AirPrint option, you may want to look into that.

Synthohol
06-08-2017, 10:33 PM
i have had good experiences with PS Mobile and Hammermill print. just to toss my .02 in the ring :)

Woxner
06-09-2017, 02:24 AM
i could be mistaken but the 4 series did not do air print until e series. you had to update firmware and turn on dip sw. actually is was voice firmware wiich updated the function version

B0265
06-09-2017, 07:43 AM
The "version up" firmware supports Google cloud print but not Airprint as far as I know.

emujo2
06-09-2017, 01:58 PM
I just use an old C450 Fiery (any old PC just fine) to serve as Airprint server.
- use SATA DVD connect to Fiery to install Ubuntu server (ver 16.04 headless), remove DVD and configure server via SSH.
- install CUPS (common unix print system), configure CUPS via web browser.
- install linux printer driver (make sure it configure as share printer).
- connect Fiery (now is Airprint server) to the same network with the copier/printer.
- mac/ios device will be able to see copier/printer to print now.
It can be done with old Fiery using PC motherboard or old PC, no monitor, keyboard, or mouse require.
Hope this help

Good info, and I used an old Ecopy scanstation for a home PC for some time, but how does this info help with enabling airprint on a non e MFP? It's rare to have an IC on the office MFPs..Emujo

mdtrinh
06-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Good info, and I used an old Ecopy scanstation for a home PC for some time, but how does this info help with enabling airprint on a non e MFP? It's rare to have an IC on the office MFPs..Emujo

I used Velcro to attach it, and ethernet switch to back of mfp. It provided airprint service to my client with older model mfp without upgrading to the latest model. I also used it to remedy scan to windows 8/10 issue by install smbd on it as file server, then share it thru out the network. My clients are happy camper now, just my 2 cents.

habik
06-09-2017, 11:31 PM
I used Velcro to attach it, and ethernet switch to back of mfp. It provided airprint service to my client with older model mfp without upgrading to the latest model. I also used it to remedy scan to windows 8/10 issue by install smbd on it as file server, then share it thru out the network. My clients are happy camper now, just my 2 cents.

Nice hack...may as well put on some cheap NAS with VM.

Custom Search