PDA

View Full Version : Konica Office machines - K Halftones

Custom Search

mthomasebs
06-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Has anybody else noticed how poor the more recent Konica's are at producing black halftones?

bizhub 223/363/423 was able to produce a smooth stable halftone.

C224 etc all the way through to C258 etc, they look like this:

This mottled effect is highly noticeable on prints. The only thing i can think of different is that these machines all have a transfer belt whereas the 223 etc didn't.

rrrohan
06-13-2017, 03:46 AM
I know stabilisation and gradation adj are no longer in run up procedure but i do find it helps to do regardless

Synthohol
06-13-2017, 04:12 AM
just to ask, is that OEM toner or AM?

EarthKmTech
06-13-2017, 07:02 AM
direct drum to paper printing is always going to look better than drum to belt then paper in my opinion.

I'll probably get burned at the stake for this comment but a well sorted 601/751 leaves the colour machines for dead with crisp blacks and even half tones. Unfortunately they don't stay that way forever and are very labor intensive to maintain.

mthomasebs
06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
just to ask, is that OEM toner or AM?
Yeah everything we do is genuine.

mthomasebs
06-13-2017, 08:23 AM
direct drum to paper printing is always going to look better than drum to belt then paper in my opinion.

I'll probably get burned at the stake for this comment but a well sorted 601/751 leaves the colour machines for dead with crisp blacks and even half tones. Unfortunately they don't stay that way forever and are very labor intensive to maintain.

It's quite annoying because for most of our customers its absolutely fine, but some are sticklers.

copier addict
06-13-2017, 12:58 PM

The first copy or print on a 601/751 after a PM is very good, unfortunately , as you stated, the quality doesn't last very long. After about 1000 you can see the quality drop off sharply.

copier addict
06-13-2017, 01:11 PM
How old are the consumables? I just ran a gradation pattern print off a C284e and it looks a lot better than the one you posted. Otherwise, rrrohan had a good suggestion, run an initialise/stablise then run gradation.

mthomasebs
06-13-2017, 01:50 PM
How old are the consumables? I just ran a gradation pattern print off a C284e and it looks a lot better than the one you posted. Otherwise, rrrohan had a good suggestion, run an initialise/stablise then run gradation.
It's all new. It's strange because it is worse on some than others.

It's definitely the kinda thing you only notice if you're looking for it, or if it annoys the customer. ;)

allan
06-13-2017, 04:58 PM
The first copy or print on a 601/751 after a PM is very good, unfortunately , as you stated, the quality doesn't last very long. After about 1000 you can see the quality drop off sharply.

Takes about a 75K if the machine runs more than 50K a month.

Synthohol
06-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Is the charge grid voltage being set to the voltage on the drum flange?

copier addict
06-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Is the charge grid voltage being set to the voltage on the drum flange?

The grid voltage is set up automatically on the 4 series

habik
06-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Is that 1 PC gradation print or from CMYK

Does the customer shake the bottles properly? EarthKmTech explained it in another thread very well (x-ray view)

IDC's are they spotless?

Are all your image adjustments on default settings? TCR levels, Background, Density etc.
Have a look at the Transfer Belt 1st Transfer rollers settings or Try taking it off AUTO or Disable the choice of Dev/Grad Bias choice.

Just out of interest, can you take a picture of your Transfer belt if possible with dark cloth reflection so the wear of belt can be seen. I am not looking for lines, more on the shade of the area where it meets paper. I am currently working on something with the new modified Transfer Belts.
And whilst taking picture of the belt can you take a snap of the paper supplier (you can PM me if you find it as sensitive info) :)

Synthohol
06-13-2017, 10:30 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by copier addict http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/120581-konica-office-machines-k-halftones-post566455.html#post566455)

thats what i responded to, sorry i didnt quote before. my bad :)

mthomasebs
06-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Is that 1 PC gradation print or from CMYK

Does the customer shake the bottles properly? EarthKmTech explained it in another thread very well (x-ray view)

IDC's are they spotless?

Are all your image adjustments on default settings? TCR levels, Background, Density etc.
Have a look at the Transfer Belt 1st Transfer rollers settings or Try taking it off AUTO or Disable the choice of Dev/Grad Bias choice.

Just out of interest, can you take a picture of your Transfer belt if possible with dark cloth reflection so the wear of belt can be seen. I am not looking for lines, more on the shade of the area where it meets paper. I am currently working on something with the new modified Transfer Belts.
And whilst taking picture of the belt can you take a snap of the paper supplier (you can PM me if you find it as sensitive info) :)
This particular machine has now been wrapped up for delivery.

I could take a picture of the belt as i'm unboxing 4 today but it's going to be brand new and probably spotless. We use various papers to test, this was antalis image, the pink one.

Obviously with a smoother grain the effect is diminished, but still not as good as the drum/tx roller combo. Shame.

Custom Search