PDA

View Full Version : DI 351 scan to email

Custom Search

poz31
09-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok got the machine in a network enviromnet (peer to peer no server).. got the scan option card intalled on the print controller (below)
what sorftware do I need to make run .. any special adjustments???

knightfall
09-13-2006, 03:17 AM
in order for scan to email to work your customer must have their own email server at their location, it will not work with outside email systems. They will have to scan to file and attach the file to email.

mitchl
04-13-2007, 07:25 PM
To work correctly you do not need any extra software. You just need a real smtp server . It doesnt need to be in your building, it can be off site but cannot be yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc. Verizon , Rapid systems ,etc work fine. Put the smtp address as (example: 65.102.21.108) and dont forget to give your machine an e-mail address or most servers will reject the request.

mjunkaged
11-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Bud:
You can't put an email 'from' address into this machine, the only way it will work is with an ISP (or internal mail server) that allows UNauthenticated email sending.
My ISP lets me have the IP and use it for scanning (I pay them enough), but many will not, and some have gone so far as never telling you the real mail server IP as well as not allowing you to see the IP in the return path of any bogus emails you send out. I have also encountered many so-called network administrators who otherwise knew what they were doing who could not give the actual IP for whatever reason.
I have one in my shop (a.k.a. kitchen) and it's set up to scan to email , no sweat, all you need is the SMTP IP. Don't even need a proxy IP. I guess I'm lucky my ISP is cool.
:cool:

apache_cat
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
If this machine is the same as the KM 351 it will use the administrators/machine email address as the send from address. I always put the same thing in both never bothered to find out which one it uses.

TheOwl
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Ok, just a couple of things to add here.

1. This machine does not have any form of authentication
2. The machine will scan to either an internal or external SMTP server as long as there is no authentication required.

Failing this, then knightfall was right in saying scanning to file then attaching the file to an email would be the way to go.

Just remember that these machines only have scan to FTP available on them.

nmfaxman
11-23-2009, 01:01 AM
RTFM

Peter Sim
04-15-2010, 07:07 AM
in order for scan to email to work your customer must have their own email server at their location, it will not work with outside email systems. They will have to scan to file and attach the file to email.

I need advice .This is only apply to this model or every copier brand because i have hosting server out side my location and i can't do scan to email feature from my copier machine (sharp and canon) .

TheOwl
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
All new machines can scan to email servers that require authentication, but some older machines could not. Seeing as the Di351 is now 4 generations old, authentication wasn't a big thing back then.

Peter Sim
04-16-2010, 08:28 AM
All new machines can scan to email servers that require authentication, but some older machines could not. Seeing as the Di351 is now 4 generations old, authentication wasn't a big thing back then.
Thank you.

Peter Sim
04-22-2010, 03:28 AM
I just read thru the old forum from this site and sucessfully do it scan to email feature for canon machine.
Just add data sending to 99MB.

Custom Search