PDA

View Full Version : C754e FS535 with SD unit

Custom Search

copytechman
06-13-2017, 03:20 PM
This thing is a stinker to see into, but the paper doesnt consistently fall all the way down or hangs on something when it drops causing a misalignment when it folds, all mylars look good, was considering replacing the set of 4 paddles at the bottom, I dont even think the set of 2 at the top are accessible. Any thoughts on this please, I've had the SD unit right out of the machine, theres no binding in the movement of the bottom plate. When the paper does land all the way down the fold is perfect.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
A.

habik
06-13-2017, 10:14 PM
This thing is a stinker to see into, but the paper doesnt consistently fall all the way down or hangs on something when it drops causing a misalignment when it folds, all mylars look good, was considering replacing the set of 4 paddles at the bottom, I dont even think the set of 2 at the top are accessible. Any thoughts on this please, I've had the SD unit right out of the machine, theres no binding in the movement of the bottom plate. When the paper does land all the way down the fold is perfect.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
A.

Check the knife movement. We had few where the kinfe on occasion was protrusing out a bit.

blackcat4866
06-14-2017, 01:24 AM
This is off a SD510, but might help you. I've seen these registration plates get paper cuts in the small feature right where the paper comes into the folding tray. Maybe the picture will help. I've added sheet metal "guards" to a few of these saddle stitcher guides to avoid wear at that point.

=^..^=

B0265
06-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Check also the "grippers" and the solenoid in the stopper guide.

copytechman
06-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Check the knife movement. We had few where the kinfe on occasion was protrusing out a bit.

You would think it would know when the knife's at home? Can it overrun and not code out?

Thanks!

A.

copytechman
06-15-2017, 12:22 AM
This is off a SD510, but might help you. I've seen these registration plates get paper cuts in the small feature right where the paper comes into the folding tray. Maybe the picture will help. I've added sheet metal "guards" to a few of these saddle stitcher guides to avoid wear at that point.

=^..^=

Your referring to the joggers inside the chute as it goes into where it lands on the bottom, dang those are hard to inspect, the customer did mention that they folded a lot with this particular machine. I'll have to have a second look at them.

Thanks!

A.

copytechman
06-15-2017, 12:25 AM

By grippers are you referring to the paddles that rotate around or the jogging plates? As for the solenoid in the stopper guide could you point out where that might be, I do have a parts manual and service manual so if i had a pn I could locate it easier... manuals can be easy to overlook things in.

Regards!

A.

Edit: gotta love a theory manual that talks about a solenoid but doesnt show where it is! Found it though, its at the bottom on the assy that the paper lands on (and moves up and down) . Gonna have to have a look @ that one too. This is an SD512 btw.

Regards!
A.

blackcat4866
06-15-2017, 12:40 AM
This is the illustration I was looking for:

=^..^=

copytechman
06-15-2017, 01:50 AM
This is the illustration I was looking for:

=^..^=

Thanks! Not quite sure if thats similar to the sd512 or not but will check again regardless!

A.

copytechman
07-13-2017, 02:56 AM
Thanks! Not quite sure if thats similar to the sd512 or not but will check again regardless!

A.

Update:

Turns out that the 2 paddle rollers weren't "synced" with the markers, at least it appears that way, don't know how they got out of sync but we'll see. Stay tuned.

A.

EarthKmTech
07-15-2017, 04:33 AM

Yep

There is a bulletin regarding these grippers for when the paper misses going in them and stops on top of them. Cant remember what it involves but I have done it before.

copytechman
07-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Yep

There is a bulletin regarding these grippers for when the paper misses going in them and stops on top of them. Cant remember what it involves but I have done it before.

I'd be interested in seeing that bulletin, I didn't see anything on the ssd tho!

Regards!
A.

Custom Search