PDA

View Full Version : KM color series 0,3,4,4e (c220 , c253 c224 c224e) get counter remotely

Custom Search

lazymangr
06-14-2017, 02:27 PM
hello to all. since job cycle is expanding with more and more machines out there, i come to the need to get counters remotely, than what i am used to do now by going in physical to the location of the machines to get the counters. i see there are options to send via mail etc. but i am not very experienced in network stuff like that,i just know a bit above basics. is there any easy way for that?

machines with already installed mail server to scan to email, must be easier to setup. but there are machines with no mail server installed. can i have any smart advice to setup my own?

and for last question i get it a bit further. how i can browse web interface of each machine? whats the setup i must do on each machine and what are software prequicities for that.

thank you in advance.

habik
06-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Configuring the Scan to E-mail Environment (http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id08-0072.html)

and

gmail ?perhaps

mthomasebs
06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
CS Remote Care is good for remote counters.

lazymangr
06-15-2017, 12:53 PM
cs remote care requires extra hardware to use?

emujo2
06-15-2017, 03:01 PM
CS remote care is great, but it only works with dealers and KM direct with access to the server that collects and can display the data. If the MFP can already send email to the outside world, your best bet is to utilize the email notifications within the web connection. Anything else would involve a remote connection to the customer and a substantial amount of time looking at each device manually. Emujo

Don N.
08-01-2017, 03:08 AM
Once email is set, just go to network settings, detail settings, set counter & maintenance notifications. You'll get an email on the same day of the week or month you choose with all meters, and an email for any condition you choose like low or empty toner, error codes, pm, jams, consumable life, etc. If you have a provider hosting YOUR email, see how much it would be (it's cheap) for unlimited traffic. Then you can set up most all your customers with the same smtp server, same port, same user & pw, Just register the machine a unique admin email address (customerbhc220@gmail.com) on delivery and be sure the dns is right in ipv4 settings.

If you have a website and want traffic, get your web guy to create a report meter page or form. Require your customers to go to your website once a month or quarterly and type in their Company name or equip id and the meters. Good for your site's web search rankings.

All else fails, get your customers to email you the meters. Require it in your contract. They can scan it in, fax it in, call it in, leave a message or email it. 30 seconds for them saves you hours on the phone.
All the best!

Nommo
08-01-2017, 04:51 PM
The email way is really nice. If you have some kind of Software Engineer he can easily make software to grab all emails from account and automatically parse data sent by MFPs and eventually put it in database or whatever you use. I'm going to dig into it, maybe something open source is coming ? :)

Regards,
Nommo.

Don N.
08-01-2017, 05:05 PM
As long as we're on the broad subject, anyone come out strongly in favor of software for a small but growing too big for quickbooks indy copier business? QB does not lend itself to meter reads, calendar, dispatch, technical database, etc. We find ways to make it work, & use the heck out of free google calendar to schedule recurring billing, svc calls, mapping & call from androids.
Thanks!

CompyTech
08-02-2017, 09:19 PM
As long as we're on the broad subject, anyone come out strongly in favor of software for a small but growing too big for quickbooks indy copier business? QB does not lend itself to meter reads, calendar, dispatch, technical database, etc. We find ways to make it work, & use the heck out of free google calendar to schedule recurring billing, svc calls, mapping & call from androids.
Thanks!

We switched to E Automate a few years ago. Not the easiest to use, but it has worked for us so far.

We used to setup the email thing for the meters. Now we use Vcare. Supposedly there's a way to integrate Vcare into Eautomate too.

oxident
08-05-2017, 06:15 AM
I simply use SNMP to query the counters. Works great for our KM copiers.
But you need to be familiar with that (or already use some kind of monitoring software).

Custom Search