PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub c454/454e

Custom Search

devontug
06-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Good day

Can anyone shed some light on this for me below I have posted two pictures of my fax/scan option
Both showing the options I have under direct input but on one some of the options are not available / visible can someone tell me where I go to turn them on/enable for example SMB please and thanks...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170615/dbfe48482caf0c1d694bbb1d15b84561.jpg36906

Regards,
DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synthohol
06-15-2017, 10:48 PM
does the HDD show as installed?
log on to pagescope and see if under store address has an SMB option.

8.47 Network Settings-SMB Settings

SMB Setting

• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that authentication device 2 is mounted.

[Service Mode] -> [Billing Setting] -> [Management Function Choice]

8.47.1 Client Settings

(1) Client Settings

(a) Use

• To set whether or not to use the SMB transmission setting.

(b) Default setting

• ON

(c) Setting item

• “ON”

• OFF

emujo2
06-16-2017, 04:14 PM
One way these direct input icons are removed is by turning on authentication and prohibiting one or more of these functions. If you have authentication on you may want to check these settings. The other is through security settings/details/manual destination input, but this normally removes everything but the fax icon. Emujo

REGSIS
06-16-2017, 05:07 PM
does the HDD show as installed?
log on to pagescope and see if under store address has an SMB option.

8.47 Network Settings-SMB Settings

SMB Setting

• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that authentication device 2 is mounted.

[Service Mode] -> [Billing Setting] -> [Management Function Choice]

8.47.1 Client Settings

(1) Client Settings

(a) Use

• To set whether or not to use the SMB transmission setting.

(b) Default setting

• ON

(c) Setting item

• “ON”

• OFF

If no auth. settings go in admin mode and select Network then SMB setting and under client settings check if SMB TX is turned ON.

devontug
06-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys will try this today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emujo2
06-16-2017, 05:43 PM
If no auth. settings go in admin mode and select Network then SMB setting and under client settings check if SMB TX is turned ON.

I think we have a winner...If you go into admin and turn off these protocols (email. WebDAV, FTP, SMB etc..) the associated direct input icon goes away..Learn something new every day. Thanks. Emujo

Custom Search