PDA

View Full Version : SD-506 & C6501 Staples off Center

Custom Search

methogod
06-16-2017, 02:08 AM
They are Perfect when 2 sheets, but when more as this sample 13 sheets of 80# silk text. Its off about 1/8 of inch.
Paper is set correct, i would think less then 1/16 is acceptable...

What's the easiest way to fix - I know its a PITA - been this way for a long time, maybe since inception.

Synthohol
06-16-2017, 03:19 AM
ive seen the 2 "catch arms" have a pad on where the paper lands and i see a couple sheets that drop in the crevice where the pad ends so some sheets staple ok because the staple position is adjusted for just 2 sheets but a larger book lands on the pads and pushes the book higher so the staple is off the thickness of the cushions.
at lest thats what ive seen. good luck, hope yours is just as easy to diagnose.
could also do a proof book and adjust the staple centering in admin mode for that book.

methogod
06-16-2017, 03:48 AM
thanks for the info...

i have done every service adjustment
books are folding correctly, just staples are missing. What about physical adjustment...

any bulletins...

Synthohol
06-16-2017, 05:38 AM
i got my SDs mixed up, sorry about that.
can you jug the door and watch the stack right before its stapled? maybe static causes the paper to sit odd?

methogod
06-16-2017, 04:54 PM
ran 400 books yesterday, every one off. I would think static if it was every now and then...

Synthohol
06-16-2017, 06:05 PM
The semi folded pages sit like a tent on the guides then the clincher comes up and makes the staple.
You need to jig the door and watch how they sit just prior to the clinches.
Have you tried it on blank books yet? The amount of toner makes then slippery. Inspect your clincher make sure no mylar or anything is interfering with the apex of the crease because that's where it has to staple. The booklet is shifting upon clinching it seems.

Custom Search