PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c3351 locking up?

Custom Search

def1603
06-16-2017, 03:45 PM
New c3351's locking up (control panel frozen/garbled) non-responsive . Occurring when sending print jobs to it while in sleep mode..or not...also when scanning to email. Rebooting can alleviate issue, temporarily..but may need to be done multiple times. When onsite, tech cannot replicate, but this is occurring way too frequently. Also false paper jams from tray 1. (the only tray on these machines) No bulletins available. FW is current. Machine has been checked as far as it can be. Any ideas out there?

THX All.

emujo2
06-16-2017, 03:55 PM
This device is still pretty new to the line up, you may want to start by disabling sleep modes, no new firmware updates yet. Emujo

REGSIS
06-16-2017, 04:56 PM
I would set weekly timer option to OFF, not disable sleep mode.
Weekly timer turns OFF machine at set time (auto erp) -orange light not blue and no print job cannot be received.
Maybe this is not a solution to your problem but I recomend that you do that just in case since tech could't recreate the problem (and maybe that's why - it only happens at set time).

Panel freeze -if they said so -(which can be resolved only by main power ON/OFF) should direct you that problem is network related.
Solutions:
1. FW update (wait for next one)
2. Check for computers which have problems with network. I had one recently with problematic LAN adapter which froze machine's NIC one or twice a day and no print or scan jobs cannot be executed until hard restart.
3. Let IT check network switches and network trafic for broken packages.
4. Also check if IP telephony is on the same network as PCs and machine. If yes that can cause machine to freeze.

mo0651
06-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Does it have the same "flakey" memory chip in it?

B0265
06-16-2017, 09:41 PM
If you refer to the eMMC board so yes, I think it's the same as in the 7 and 8 series.

mo0651
06-16-2017, 10:41 PM
On the c3350-c3850 series there was a bulletin on the UK211 chip, causing lock ups.:cool: Haven't seen one of these critters yet.

def1603
06-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all the info. I will be implementing these suggestions to see what happens. Will keep you all posted!

Custom Search