PDA

View Full Version : Uneven density Bizbub Press C1060

Custom Search

kola3f
06-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Hello all,
Bare with me but this will be a long explanation throughout my entire problem. I promise there will be a question at the end.
So I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C1060. The Transfer Pressure Roller/Y broke in the Intermediate Unit. I didn't notice the problem while running a light colored job. When I finally did, I replaced it but I wasn't able to find the end piece of the roller that snapped off. It was the very tip of the roller and it was metal. I assumed that it fell all the way to the floor. I did find the washer right by the area where the yellow charging corona's wire grid ends which i guess makes sense since it's close to where the Transfer Pressure roller is. Ever since that time, I started having a problem with density unevenness with the yellow color. I did all the adjustments but still, in the middle of the developer unit, the developer was less dense then on the edges. I changed the developer. No improvement. I finally changed the developer unit and the yellow is ok. Now I have the same problem with the black, cyan and magenta. When I look at the developer units, the developer is dense on the edges but a lot less dense in the middle of the roller, causing my prints to come out very light in the middle of the sheet. All drums, coronas and developers were just changed. I believe that I have to change the developer units to eliminate the problem which I will be doing this weekend.

My question is this. I believe the developer units are still good. When I changed the developer and spun the roller, it evened out. The density was good throughout. But once installed, it started printing light in the middle. Is it a problem with the settings? Is there a way to disassemble the developer unit to see if there is some dirt in the middle of the restriction plate causing less developer to be applied to the middle of the roller? I saw somewhere that there is a way to manually adjust the density where I can add more density to the middle of the sheet. It's the "Density Unevenness Adj." but that adjustment is not visible in my options. Anyone know the code to unlock or show this adjustment.
I'll change the dev. units and hopefully my problems will be over but since the dev. units are only at 70%, I thought that they can be cleaned or readjusted. Is that so?
Thanks for the help.
Adrian

mircea
06-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Hello all,
Bare with me but this will be a long explanation throughout my entire problem. I promise there will be a question at the end.
So I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C1060. The Transfer Pressure Roller/Y broke in the Intermediate Unit. I didn't notice the problem while running a light colored job. When I finally did, I replaced it but I wasn't able to find the end piece of the roller that snapped off. It was the very tip of the roller and it was metal. I assumed that it fell all the way to the floor. I did find the washer right by the area where the yellow charging corona's wire grid ends which i guess makes sense since it's close to where the Transfer Pressure roller is. Ever since that time, I started having a problem with density unevenness with the yellow color. I did all the adjustments but still, in the middle of the developer unit, the developer was less dense then on the edges. I changed the developer. No improvement. I finally changed the developer unit and the yellow is ok. Now I have the same problem with the black, cyan and magenta. When I look at the developer units, the developer is dense on the edges but a lot less dense in the middle of the roller, causing my prints to come out very light in the middle of the sheet. All drums, coronas and developers were just changed. I believe that I have to change the developer units to eliminate the problem which I will be doing this weekend.

My question is this. I believe the developer units are still good. When I changed the developer and spun the roller, it evened out. The density was good throughout. But once installed, it started printing light in the middle. Is it a problem with the settings? Is there a way to disassemble the developer unit to see if there is some dirt in the middle of the restriction plate causing less developer to be applied to the middle of the roller? I saw somewhere that there is a way to manually adjust the density where I can add more density to the middle of the sheet. It's the "Density Unevenness Adj." but that adjustment is not visible in my options. Anyone know the code to unlock or show this adjustment.
I'll change the dev. units and hopefully my problems will be over but since the dev. units are only at 70%, I thought that they can be cleaned or readjusted. Is that so?
Thanks for the help.
Adrian

sorry for the late post..
Usually when i get uneven density problems they are usually from the metal blade above biass.
That doctor blade should never be removed since the spacing is set perfectly by minolta.
From time to time that doctor blade gets shifted from screws and it will do uneven density..but most comon is light on edges and dark on middle.
You can check that by measuring the space between biass and doctor blade's edges.
There is a very small chance that you will be able to put it back eavenly if u take out doctor blade.
But since u are going to change all 4 units you can open one and see how it's made.
Best is if you can manage to switch biass from one unit to the other and check if u can see any changes.

Best of luck!

Tech Helpdesk
06-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Density balance should be available in any configuration of the C1060/1070 machines.
Check all the dip switches and make sure they are set correctly.
I have attached a hardware zero guide for your switches and on page 47 there are instructions on density balance.
Good luck

kola3f
06-29-2017, 06:02 PM
sorry for the late post..
Usually when i get uneven density problems they are usually from the metal blade above biass.
That doctor blade should never be removed since the spacing is set perfectly by minolta.
From time to time that doctor blade gets shifted from screws and it will do uneven density..but most comon is light on edges and dark on middle.
You can check that by measuring the space between biass and doctor blade's edges.
There is a very small chance that you will be able to put it back eavenly if u take out doctor blade.
But since u are going to change all 4 units you can open one and see how it's made.
Best is if you can manage to switch biass from one unit to the other and check if u can see any changes.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the info. Changed my dev units and it's looking good. I'll be dissecting one unit this weekend to see if I can confirm that being the issue. Nothing like spending the 4th of July weekend with a screwdriver and printer parts.

kola3f
06-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Density balance should be available in any configuration of the C1060/1070 machines.
Check all the dip switches and make sure they are set correctly.
I have attached a hardware zero guide for your switches and on page 47 there are instructions on density balance.
Good luck

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful. With everything that was going wrong and all my attempts to get to the bottom of it I forgot about the dip switches. I'll run the adjustment and will post results.

Custom Search