PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub transfer belts

Custom Search

kingarthur
06-16-2017, 04:30 PM
We have several bizhubs C454e, C284e, C364e, the transfer belts are wearing prematurely, mainly on our "heavily" used machines, doing over 16k a month, we're getting a black line along the top or bottom, has anyone else encountered this at all
Cheers

Synthohol
06-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Is the paper quality absolute shit? Rough paper will kill a belt early too. Along with paper fragments that get trapped in the xfer cleaning blade.

REGSIS
06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
We have several bizhubs C454e, C284e, C364e, the transfer belts are wearing prematurely, mainly on our "heavily" used machines, doing over 16k a month, we're getting a black line along the top or bottom, has anyone else encountered this at all
Cheers

I have this problem on 2 machines. No solution (yet).
In my case black drum is problem. If you look closely on charge corona and scorotron grid is darkened (burned) in that position (very front side) and belt is like matted (not shine) like sparking occurs in that place.

Tried used drum and belt and problem reappear after 2 months.
Replaced new drum and belt a month ago; gonna visit the customer next week to check if problem comes back.

I've heard of sparking issue before but i don't know what cause it.
I supose that's why KM decided to replace charge corona with charge roller in 8 series.

Woxner
06-16-2017, 09:09 PM
i have yet to replace one for premature wear of any type of failure

kingarthur
06-20-2017, 02:39 PM
The paper being used doesn't look too bad, there's no more paper dust than I'd normally expect, I'm trying not to let K drums go too long over their life, as this does seem to affect the transfer belt, i am wondering if it is actually the transfer roller wearing, causing the transfer belt to wear

copier addict
06-20-2017, 05:13 PM
I have this problem on 2 machines. No solution (yet).
In my case black drum is problem. If you look closely on charge corona and scorotron grid is darkened (burned) in that position (very front side) and belt is like matted (not shine) like sparking occurs in that place.

Tried used drum and belt and problem reappear after 2 months.
Replaced new drum and belt a month ago; gonna visit the customer next week to check if problem comes back.

I've heard of sparking issue before but i don't know what cause it.
I supose that's why KM decided to replace charge corona with charge roller in 8 series.

Konica Minolta went to a charge roller because with a charge corona the drum will last well past expected yield and with a roller the drum will wear much quicker and need to be replaced more often. Strictly a financial decision.

EarthKmTech
06-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Konica Minolta went to a charge roller because with a charge corona the drum will last well past expected yield and with a roller the drum will wear much quicker and need to be replaced more often. Strictly a financial decision.

HV board is also cheaper to manufacture and near zero ozone is produced also.

Charge rollers are inferior technology indeed also offering inferior print quality, they only exist as a cost cutting measure.

EarthKmTech
06-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Speaking of belts, I don't often see this, but WTF causes this brail effect on the C654e style belts, first time I have seen it on one of these used to see it all the time on the old C451 series.

blackcat4866
06-22-2017, 12:54 AM
AFAIK it's toner lumps building up on the idler rollers inside the transfer belt. It's more common on Sharp. And once it starts, there's nothing to do but replace it. Those bumps won't flatten back out. =^..^=

BangorTech
03-16-2018, 03:02 AM
I am also seeing these issues on a Bizhub C454e. This machine is in a college enrollment office, and puts out a lot of prints. I replaced Cyan Drum and Developer, Y drum, K drum, K developer, ITB due to line strip across the top, long edge feed. These replacements happened in September 2017, Today is March 15, 2018 and problem has returned. All items that were replaced are now at 50% life remaining. ITB and 2nd transfer roller are now having a build up of cyan and yellow, on far end of paper path.

3ktlc
03-16-2018, 01:29 PM
We had a stretch where we had to warranty 4 belts on these machines. For the most part, we are getting the life out of them.

satisfactionbg
03-13-2019, 09:01 AM
It's a little old thread but it appears there is no solution yet. We have several of these machines with this problem specifically 2 of them are in smoking areas. It looks like the fan extracting the ozone from the charge corona is sucking shit smoky air and that's causing the charge corona to become burned, dark and dirty causing the black line on the transfer belt. I thought of putting some kind of filter on the port of the drum where it is sucking air so it is filtered before entering the charge corona zone. Yet to be done though. The other thing that could be done is disabling the fan removing the ozone, but obviously, that's not safe neither for the machine or the environment. Let me know what you think. We will probably end up changing the machines for C368 Series since they use charge roller and may live longer it that smoky area. Cheers.

blackcat4866
03-13-2019, 01:25 PM
I like your theory about nicotine smoke. Since most businesses do not allow smoking any more we have far less problems with hazed mirrors and tarry charge wires. =^..^=

copyman
03-13-2019, 01:45 PM
FYI, I've been using aftermarket belts & blades to rebuild the 4 series transfer belt units. Been a few years now and they are holding up well. Definitely worth $85 for belt & blade kit.
Again, most of my accounts are low volume.

3ktlc
03-13-2019, 02:05 PM
FYI, I've been using aftermarket belts & blades to rebuild the 4 series transfer belt units. Been a few years now and they are holding up well. Definitely worth $85 for belt & blade kit.
Yes, we switched to aftermarket kits for these. Have been working well.

allan
03-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Brand of aftermarket parts?

copyman
03-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Not sure of the brand. Plain generic box, made in China. Bought most of them from Copylite Products. Have used in all "4" series, 224-754 (654/754 different belt). Also have used aftermarket belts in the C220 & C253 and both have been as good if not better than the OEM. Very easy to do and after taking time first few you can do in 10 mins. I've even rebuilt them right onsite.

Hansoon
03-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Also have used aftermarket belts in the C220 & C253 and both have been as good if not better than the OEM. Very easy to do and after taking time first few you can do in 10 mins. I've even rebuilt them right onsite.

Same here. 1st one was a pain. Especially finding that fat spring which popped away was time consuming, lol. Later on very easy. Since one of the separators once tore a brand new belt I remove all of them en leave the belt completely without. No problems yet since years.

We get them from China from some kind of Suzy-Wong-whatever chick. The parts are Brandless and Nameless around 65 USD. Most of the after market parts from China are rotten but these belts are good as well as some chips. Don't get me start talking about Hop-Sing toner......... Confucius says: "Who wants to be a cheapo will have smears of toner in his face"

Hans

satisfactionbg
03-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Will try the aftermarket parts for sure. I've put filters on the drum units in the smoky office yesterday, cleaned the scorotron grids as well + new TBU (took me about an hour), no interference with the chassis of the machine or the laser beam. Now we wait. I guess they'll be full of tar in a month or two.

Custom Search