PDA

View Full Version : What does this Print out mean?

Custom Search

konica7022
06-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Effects only black
TB is ok
Same Black IU if swapped with other machine works fine

But every Good working black IU that i put in this machine (Bizhub c552) after some time start give black like this
Sky shoot

REGSIS
06-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Effects only black
TB is ok

But every Good working black IU that i put in this machine (Bizhub c552) after some time start give black like this
Sky shoot

It means that drum is not charging. Since it happens on every dum you put in and that drums are working fine on other machines, you should check HV board (replace if needed) and clean HV contacts.

blackcat4866
06-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Also make sure that the developing unit isn't dumping developer at the front, and sanding the drum surface. I ended up changing out a black developing unit for this. =^..^=

konica7022
06-17-2017, 07:21 PM
It means that drum is not charging. Since it happens on every dum you put in and that drums are working fine on other machines, you should check HV board (replace if needed) and clean HV contacts.

you mean do all the following :(

or is the one in the back Frame and how do i check the voltage?

habik
06-17-2017, 08:10 PM
I'd start with the HV board circuit not the HV contact plates. It is a lot faster. You take the rear covers off and side panel where Network and USB ports are + the whole chassis cage block (MFPB+PRCB+HDD+SSD) Behind that block you'll find HV Board. Replace that one first and see what happens.

How are your other consumables like? ITB and Devs.

I had one magenta dev wrecking lot of K devs and TX belts and Drums till we replaced it along with HV Board and FRB (Front Board)

konica7022
06-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Also make sure that the developing unit isn't dumping developer at the front, and sanding the drum surface. I ended up changing out a black developing unit for this. =^..^=

i had that problem with another unit Developer dumping i changed the dev unit for that machine that fixed it, but this one is not dumping any thing cleaning laser with micro fiber cloth comes out clean

konica7022
06-17-2017, 10:42 PM
I'd start with the HV board circuit not the HV contact plates. It is a lot faster. You take the rear covers off and side panel where Network and USB ports are + the whole chassis cage block (MFPB+PRCB+HDD+SSD) Behind that block you'll find HV Board. Replace that one first and see what happens.

How are your other consumables like? ITB and Devs.

I had one magenta dev wrecking lot of K devs and TX belts and Drums till we replaced it along with HV Board and FRB (Front Board)

ok will try to replace it with another one, other are fine although near end of life, just changed the Yellow IU on that as it started giving a line in the middle

will i see the result immediately if replace the HV board or could it have damaged the Black Drum/Corona?

copier tech
06-18-2017, 11:14 AM
You say you have tried this drum in another machine & it prints good? So you know the drum is not damaged.

Before you replace the HVT try another black dev unit first.

konica7022
06-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Took Three hours :(

Changed the HV board and still no Difference

and the same drum dev when installed in other machine works fine

konica7022
06-20-2017, 11:27 AM
so what does this print mean?

REGSIS
06-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Took Three hours :(

Changed the HV board and still no Difference

and the same drum dev when installed in other machine works fine

I assumed this is printed image but just in case comes silly question: is this a printed image or copy? Scanned images are OK?

And you just replaced HV2 board and not HV1 am I right (according to the picture)?

konica7022
06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
I assumed this is printed image but just in case comes silly question: is this a printed image or copy? Scanned images are OK?

And you just replaced HV2 board and not HV1 am I right (according to the picture)?

that is just a picture taken from LG g5 to show you the HV 2 board i changed and took the prints (lying under the board)
scanning is fine
i checked the fusing unit for any marks that seems ok too

Only black IU give this issue weather you print or Copy

copier addict
06-20-2017, 06:28 PM
that is just a picture taken from LG g5 to show you the HV 2 board i changed and took the prints (lying under the board)
scanning is fine

Have you cleaned the printhead?

ricoh_rockstar
06-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Found this on the Service Manual (See attachment)

Did you check the charge corona and PC drum negative contact? Maybe they are broken, misaligned or deformed.

konica7022
06-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Have you cleaned the printhead?

as mentioned in the post cleaned the laser and there is no toner or dev dumping

konica7022
06-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Found this on the Service Manual (See attachment)

Did you check the charge corona and PC drum negative contact? Maybe they are broken, misaligned or deformed.
the same IU unit w

the same IU works fine when installed in other machine

but i will try to check contacts

konica7022
06-21-2017, 07:53 AM
I took a color pattern Test Print as you can see the colors come out fine but there is some leakage or so in bleak as marked in the picture

REGSIS
06-21-2017, 07:54 AM
scanning is fine

So, have you changed HV1 board or not?

P.S. just trying to help!

konica7022
06-21-2017, 08:05 AM
another 36955 color photo print

ricoh_rockstar
06-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Maybe you can try changing the transfer rolller, or the black cartridge. :confused:

konica7022
06-23-2017, 06:16 PM
So, have you changed HV1 board or not?

P.S. just trying to help!

Your help is very much appreciated bro.... i changed the HV 2 unite that did not make any difference(i guess hv 2 is for color units)

i will go there tomorrow and change the HV 1 unit as well and then update

thanks

konica7022
06-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Maybe you can try changing the transfer roller, or the black cartridge. :confused:

transfer roller will effect the color output too, plus black toner was almost out i already changed a week ago and cyan toner as well

mostly it should be faulty HV 1 .. we shell find out tommarow

REGSIS
06-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Your help is very much appreciated bro.... i changed the HV 2 unite that did not make any difference(i guess hv 2 is for color units)

i will go there tomorrow and change the HV 1 unit as well and then update

thanks

I don't know which one is for what, but HV goes on drums, developing units (magnet rollers), transfer belt's transfer rollers and 2nd transfer roller. So HV2 could be for transfer and HV1 could be for drums (just guessing), anyway you should check both boars.

Solid black means only one thing: black drum is not charging. Since you eliminate drum as a cause of a failure. HV board(s) is next step.
Could also be the wire which connect HV board and black drum but it's less probable.

ayeright
06-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Not too familiar with the KM model numbers but isn't this the copier with seperate black drum and dev but complete IU's for the CMY? Had a couple of these years back where the locking screw/chassis thread was u/s and another with the shutter mechanism was damaged - both allow the dev unit to 'creep' towards the front door, partially or totally disconnecting the unit. Is there a pile of black toner lying around the drum/dev unit?

AjitN
06-25-2017, 03:53 AM
This could be toner issue as well.
Replace DV unit and install new OEM toner cartridge, Drum & Belt units are already replaced.
Fuser & PH will not give such problems unless toner is faulty.

Hope this helps

konica7022
06-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Changed HV 1 board
still no difference

D_L_P
06-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Effects only black
TB is ok

Sky shoot
Seen this before. Completely remove drum/developer. Look inside toward the laser window and there will be a pile of toner on the rail. The window will be clean but the toner can pile up high enough on the frame to interfere with the laser. Gl

REGSIS
06-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Changed HV 1 board
still no difference

So you did the following:
- drum unit OK you tested it on another machine and drum from other machine on faulty one.
- checked developing unit for scatered toner/developer.
- replaced HV boards.

You mentioned that you tested black IU on another machine, have you tried only drum unit or dev unit also?

Try to check HV wires from HV boards to drum charger and developing unit for continuity.
Check HV contacts/springs for dirt or defect.

konica7022
07-13-2017, 08:31 PM
I gave up, scrapped the machine if anyone here wants it for the Monster Shredders then they can have it :D

D_L_P
07-13-2017, 10:17 PM
I gave up, scrapped the machine if anyone here wants it for the Monster Shredders then they can have it :D

Did you check the frame for a pile of toner? I've seen that before.

Custom Search