PDA

View Full Version : biz 250

Custom Search

Gab
06-18-2017, 01:33 PM
error 2557 appeared. I tried to change atdc but i coyldn't get in to tech rep. mode.
I selected utility , details , c, 00,c, 01 at the code i printed oooooooo or 12345678 or 92729272 and when i selected "end" i didn't get in to tech mode but to the screen when machine is ready to copy. If i press copy button error 2557 appears . Any idea why i can't get in tech rep mode?
I don't think that anybody changed code.

Woxner
06-18-2017, 04:10 PM
it utillity ,meter, details, stop 00 stop 01 password is 00000000 you may need to change dev and drum it it has expired. if you do you need to reset drum counter turn machine off then back on using the main sw on the bottom left. recheck counter to be sure they are 0 then you can run f8 to calibrate new dev. if you dont do it right 2557 will come back. if its over toned it may be the toner add assy with the solenoid sticking

REGSIS
06-18-2017, 06:41 PM
it utillity ,meter, details, stop 00 stop 01 password is 00000000 you may need to change dev and drum it it has expired. if you do you need to reset drum counter turn machine off then back on using the main sw on the bottom left. recheck counter to be sure they are 0 then you can run f8 to calibrate new dev. if you dont do it right 2557 will come back. if its over toned it may be the toner add assy with the solenoid sticking

Repair solenoids first, 100% sticking after 10 years. I usually glue piece of carton same size and thickness as original sponge.
After that use add toner option (utility key) few times. You may get overtoned image (grey background) but that will disappear after few hundred copies.

Gab
06-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Repair solenoids first, 100% sticking after 10 years. I usually glue piece of carton same size and thickness as original sponge.
After that use add toner option (utility key) few times. You may get overtoned image (grey background) but that will disappear after few hundred copies.
I think you didn't understand what i said. I can' get in tech mode and i try the correct procedure. Can anybody tell me where the problem is?
i.e I have tried to put in user code with no result also customer knew how to get in tech mode. But i don't think that customer changed adm cod.

copyman
06-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Been awhile since I saw one but I don't think you can change the factory default tech rep code "00000000" on this model. The admin pass can be changed in the tech rep mode but not the service code.

I seem to recall if it was locked out with that 2557 code it would take 5-10 mins before it would accept the default 0's code trying to get into Tech Rep mode.

Synthohol
06-26-2017, 06:16 AM
have you tried a blank password?

REGSIS
06-26-2017, 10:27 AM
I think you didn't understand what i said. I can' get in tech mode and i try the correct procedure. Can anybody tell me where the problem is?
i.e I have tried to put in user code with no result also customer knew how to get in tech mode. But i don't think that customer changed adm cod.

I understand what you said (wrote), but you dont understand what i said (wrote).

Woxner already wrote procedure for you but that won't help you solve the problem, just to prolong it and make it worse. Since he wrote it I didn't have to repeat the same.

First solve sticking solenoids problem, and only after that replace developer (if it's depleted) and run the procedure.

The point is that you most probably won't need to enter the service mode at all to solve this problem.

Custom Search