PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse fusing units

Custom Search

TheBlueOrleans
06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Anybody else noticing repeated issues with these refurbished fusers? I've got two in as many days, ordered OEM to hopefully fix one of them. if that works I will order OEM for the other.
Specifically, RM1-8395-ECL.

Lance15
06-22-2017, 12:59 AM
ANY refurb fuser may have issues. Most refurbers don't do a compete refurbish. In my opinion, a complete refurb means new pressure roller, new fusing sleeve, new heating element, new bushings, & new gears. I doubt refurbers replace the heating element and bushings. I know mine doesn't.

Just my 2 cents.

TheBlueOrleans
06-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Another issue with M605 eclipse fusing unit. Replaced this morning, called back an hour later with "smearing ink over entire page". Going to adjust fusing temperatures for "prepunched" (label) paper as well as plain, and hope for the best. Just ordered OEM maintenance kit overnight for this model. Starting to get annoyed by some of the "cost saving" techniques used by the company.

theengel
06-28-2017, 11:53 AM
What does "eclipse" mean?

Lance15
06-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Looks like Parts Now's version of a "quality" rebuilt unit:

Eclipse - Parts Now (http://www.partsnow.com/resources/eclipse)

theengel
06-28-2017, 12:30 PM
oh, ok. I've been rebuilding a lot of my own m600/P4015 fusers. I end up spending almost as much money, but then I know for certain that the press roller, sleeve, element, and bushings have been replaced.

Phil B.
06-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Another issue with M605 eclipse fusing unit. Replaced this morning, called back an hour later with "smearing ink over entire page". Going to adjust fusing temperatures for "prepunched" (label) paper as well as plain, and hope for the best. Just ordered OEM maintenance kit overnight for this model. Starting to get annoyed by some of the "cost saving" techniques used by the company.

I have never heard of Eclipse before...
we use Liberty Parts Team 1-866-650-1289 Mike has always done us right. Tell him Phil Brink recommended him.

Custom Search