PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452 opc drum

Custom Search

Rigabula
06-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Helli guys,

Sorry to post such a question
Do you happen to know if the opc drum of iu612 is the same as iu610?

I can find locally opc drum for iu610 but the guys dont want to tell me if its the same as iu612. We are a small copycenter and cant afford new units, so we try to fix the problems with cheap chinese parts.

Best regards and thank you all in advance.
And sorry adminfor postimg such trivial question as a thread

copier tech
06-21-2017, 08:53 PM
No the C451 drum is totally different to the C452!

Helli guys,

I can find locally opc drum for iu610 but the guys dont want to tell me if its the same as iu612. We are a small copycenter and cant afford new units, so we try to fix the problems with cheap chinese parts.

Rigabula
06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the fast answer.
Then does someone tried the opc drums from site like aliexpress and ebay, as most of the drums listed there are compatible with both c451 and c452?

copier tech
06-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes you can rebuild the unit, simply fit a new drum cylinder to the the original unit, cheaper option however the original KM IU is good for 500k prints so well worth the extra expense.

mdtrinh
06-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Helli guys,

- IU610k comes with drum & developer in one unit (C451).
- DR612k for C452 k drum, DV612k for C452 k developer unit (DV612k rates at 1.1 million copies, it takes a while for replacement).
- IU610 color (C451), IU612 color (C452) comes with drum and developer in one unit.
Basically, drum cylinder & blade & developer starter in k unit are same for C451 & C452; same thing are in color units.
I used k drum cylinder, k blade for IU610k & DR612k; color drum cylinder, blade for IU610 & IU612 color; these can be found in Aliexpress.
I also used DV610 for KMCY developer starter in DV612k, IU610, IU612; just weight out 400g for each unit accordingly to KMCY.
BTW, do not forget to replace reset chip also.
On the side note, DV610 can also be used to replace developer starter in C220, C280, C360; 4 color series (250g); should work on 4e color series, but haven't try yet.
Hope this help.

konica7022
06-26-2017, 08:34 AM
how to rebuild Black Drum Unit C452

konica7022
06-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes you can rebuild the unit, simply fit a new drum cylinder to the the original unit, cheaper option however the original KM IU is good for 500k prints so well worth the extra expense.

That is right, it is better to buy a used orignal IU unit/Drum then rebuild

i would be happy if the rebuilt one last's 60k copies

konica7022
06-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the fast answer.
Then does someone tried the opc drums from site like aliexpress and ebay, as most of the drums listed there are compatible with both c451 and c452?Th

There are many drum reseller out some good quality some really bad ones

its difficult to know which one is good, unless some one here has experience with some supplier

some aftermarket Cleaning blades last only few days

most of them will have ghosting issue sooner or later

Original is always worth it thats what i have learned from experince

Rigabula
06-27-2017, 01:18 AM
- IU610k comes with drum & developer in one unit (C451).
- DR612k for C452 k drum, DV612k for C452 k developer unit (DV612k rates at 1.1 million copies, it takes a while for replacement).
- IU610 color (C451), IU612 color (C452) comes with drum and developer in one unit.
Basically, drum cylinder & blade & developer starter in k unit are same for C451 & C452; same thing are in color units.
I used k drum cylinder, k blade for IU610k & DR612k; color drum cylinder, blade for IU610 & IU612 color; these can be found in Aliexpress.
I also used DV610 for KMCY developer starter in DV612k, IU610, IU612; just weight out 400g for each unit accordingly to KMCY.
BTW, do not forget to replace reset chip also.
On the side note, DV610 can also be used to replace developer starter in C220, C280, C360; 4 color series (250g); should work on 4e color series, but haven't try yet.
Hope this help.

Woow, thank you very much, this is really helpful.
I've purchased an opc drum from local dealer for a reasonable high price compared to the aliexpress prices, and unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue with the yellow. Although it change its behavior.
I think best will be described with pictures, but with the old drum at the bottom of the page there were a lot of yellow and it destroyed the image. Now with the new drum the yellow fades from top to bottom.
I haven't done any manual color adjustment or something like that. Although the machine makes auto color sync(or something like that on every power cycle). I'm not very familiar with the exact terminology, so i have to revise and will add up more correct info later.

Still thank you very much for your response. That gives me hopes because I can find parts for C451 locally(more expensive, but faster compared to aliexpress), so we could try to repair a little this machine so we could use it some more time. Unfortunately there are not very good offers for second hand machines around me, so we have to stick to this one. And no a new one is way over my budget.

Thanks once more, your response proves that anything can be found in this forum. I'm really glad.

Rigabula
06-27-2017, 01:28 AM
Th

There are many drum reseller out some good quality some really bad ones

its difficult to know which one is good, unless some one here has experience with some supplier

some aftermarket Cleaning blades last only few days

most of them will have ghosting issue sooner or later

Original is always worth it thats what i have learned from experince

The problem is that I cannot find many second hand units around me,and even if one pops up, most of the time is way overused(as I'm doing with mines), so I'll probably will have to stick to the aliexpress cheapos. I've found some good deals there but for C363 and none of the parts were related for the image process but more like the paper path process.

Still I'll keep that advise in mind in case something pops up. THanks.

Rigabula
06-27-2017, 01:54 AM
Guys, much appreciated for your answers, I've obtained a copy of the field service manual and will try to read the 1600 lengthy pages so I could try to be more prepared next time I write in this thread. :)

Custom Search