PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Help with C224e print skew

Custom Search

HelloGoodSir
06-22-2017, 06:59 PM
Hey All -

Looking for a little help with a print skew on a C224e. Its not a normal customer of my company, she is a friend of mine who recently purchased an off lease C224e with 30k prints on it and she is using it to mostly print 4-up invitations on 12x18 paper, thicker stock that mostly falls in the Thick 3 realm. I know this is an introductory office copier, not a commercial press but her volume is pretty low (about 300-500 pages per month) it worked fine for her for the first month or so but now the skew is getting to be an issue.

I have a few techs in house that know Bizhubs OK, but are in no way experts on the product line. So hoping someone here has a suggestion that will help...

-The skewing happens from the trays and through the bypass.

-When we clean the registration roller, it fixes the skew temporarily but always comes back the next day.

-When she first got it, she did a few minor "Expert Adjustments" to make the front and back sides line up better for cutting. Could these adjustments potentially cause the print skew because the paper is so large?

-She is printing Manual Duplex.

Thanks
KB

s817
07-10-2017, 07:31 AM
it may be the bushes on the registration rollers are dirty
and need to be cleaned, it would probably be a good idea
to get a tech to check the machine as if I am correct
it will need someone who knows how to access the bushes
to do it, it's not a difficult job but you need to know what you're
doing

REGSIS
07-10-2017, 04:26 PM
30K is practically brand new machine and skew doesn't occur on this counter.
Someone reset the counter maybe? :cool:

Anyway best guess is to replace registration roller + smaller one + 4 bushings + 2 tension springs.

It's not a hard work to do it but as mentioned above it's a tech's job.

D_L_P
07-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Hey All -

Looking for a little help with a print skew on a C224e. Its not a normal customer of my company, she is a friend of mine who recently purchased an off lease C224e with 30k prints on it and she is using it to mostly print 4-up invitations on 12x18 paper, thicker stock that mostly falls in the Thick 3 realm. I know this is an introductory office copier, not a commercial press but her volume is pretty low (about 300-500 pages per month) it worked fine for her for the first month or so but now the skew is getting to be an issue.

I have a few techs in house that know Bizhubs OK, but are in no way experts on the product line. So hoping someone here has a suggestion that will help...

-The skewing happens from the trays and through the bypass.

-When we clean the registration roller, it fixes the skew temporarily but always comes back the next day.

-When she first got it, she did a few minor "Expert Adjustments" to make the front and back sides line up better for cutting. Could these adjustments potentially cause the print skew because the paper is so large?

-She is printing Manual Duplex.

Thanks
KB

From your description it sounds like the registration loop just needs increased. Enter service mode-> machine-> printer reg loop adj. There is normal, thick1 and thick 2/3/4 for the different trays. Make sure to adjust the same type and drawer she is using. Increase the loop and the reg rollers can do what they were designed to do and take out any slight skew. When she did the expert adjust it probably removed the loop/buckle thats supposed to happen. If you hear paper slapping in the reg area (or possibly jams) you've increased ot too far. Skew is the symtom of too little loop.

s817
07-10-2017, 10:47 PM
i've had a machine with less than 30000 copies on it and the bushes
were the problem ( konica released modified bushes to fix this problem-sort of )
so don't let the number of copies dictate whether it's the bushes or not

HelloGoodSir
07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
From your description it sounds like the registration loop just needs increased. Enter service mode-> machine-> printer reg loop adj. There is normal, thick1 and thick 2/3/4 for the different trays. Make sure to adjust the same type and drawer she is using. Increase the loop and the reg rollers can do what they were designed to do and take out any slight skew. When she did the expert adjust it probably removed the loop/buckle thats supposed to happen. If you hear paper slapping in the reg area (or possibly jams) you've increased ot too far. Skew is the symtom of too little loop.

Thanks for the reply's. Sorry I didn't respond sooner to this it took a few days for my thread to post and then it slipped my mind.

There is paper slapping going on currently so maybe the loop is increased too far as it sits now.

Is there a way we can set turn back all of the expert adjustments back to factory default and start fresh? I have no idea what the user was playing around with when trying to get the front and backside aligned.

thanks!

Custom Search