PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c6500 overheating&smoke

Custom Search

mircea
06-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Hello
I have another strange problem this time with an bizhub c6500 overheating .
While printing.. it stops for warming up and warms till it smokes.
First three times this happened one fuse was burned on fusing unit.. and i had to replace it each time.
I also replaced all boards from back of printer.
Also replaced all fuser parts(sensors,lamps,fusers,cables)
Last 2 times when fuser overheated it didnt burn any fuse.. but it skmoes so bad that it starts fire alarm.
Everytime fusing belt needs to be replaced.
Next ill replace all sensors before and after fusing unit , also adu board to be sure that there is not a blocked sensor that makes fuser overheat.
Also if i check the sensor from service menu..they dont overheat.. sensors working just fine.
After i "fix" the problems it works for like 5-8 days and it overheats again.

Im looking for any new ideas of what i could do .
Thank you!

emujo2
06-23-2017, 01:25 PM
If you are not a certified KM tech, the 1st thing I would do is unplug the MFP and call someone who is. You are risking fire damage to property and people. If you are a dealer or direct, Km has a direct line of support for situations like this and you should be using them. Emujo

mircea
06-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Already asked some km fellow techs about this and they find this strange too..and no1 met this problem yet.
As for the service part i am a technician so if any1 got any ideas thank you in advance!

Woxner
06-25-2017, 06:51 PM
might want to check that power supply after you change the fuser parts.

mircea
06-26-2017, 07:46 AM
might want to check that power supply after you change the fuser parts.

all boards already changed
Printer works for few days and then starts smoking again.

ayeright
06-26-2017, 10:53 AM
This is a serious problem and shouldn't be left anywhere near a client site or powered up without being hooked into an RCD under supervision of a competent technician until this fault is clearly identified and rectified. You have a serious fire risk here and leaving this on site could mean you are putting lives at risk.

If there's smoke coming from the machine, any competent technician should be capable of identifying the source quickly from the evidence left behind - if you can't find it get someone who can!

mircea
06-26-2017, 02:10 PM
This is a serious problem and shouldn't be left anywhere near a client site or powered up without being hooked into an RCD under supervision of a competent technician until this fault is clearly identified and rectified. You have a serious fire risk here and leaving this on site could mean you are putting lives at risk.

If there's smoke coming from the machine, any competent technician should be capable of identifying the source quickly from the evidence left behind - if you can't find it get someone who can!

I can already see where the smoke is coming from.
The copier is only powered when i'm there.
Not sure why but so many ppl here got nothing good or helpfull to say ...but every1 thinks he is an expert .
I know the risks and no1 is using it right now im only testig it to find the problem out of curiosity.

Thread closed.

mircea
06-26-2017, 02:11 PM
dont even bother posting if you wont take the time reading all thread posts.
Thanks anyway...

D_L_P
06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Hello
I have another strange problem this time with an bizhub c6500 overheating .
While printing.. it stops for warming up and warms till it smokes.
First three times this happened one fuse was burned on fusing unit.. and i had to replace it each time.
I also replaced all boards from back of printer.
Also replaced all fuser parts(sensors,lamps,fusers,cables)
Last 2 times when fuser overheated it didnt burn any fuse.. but it skmoes so bad that it starts fire alarm.
Everytime fusing belt needs to be replaced.
Next ill replace all sensors before and after fusing unit , also adu board to be sure that there is not a blocked sensor that makes fuser overheat.
Also if i check the sensor from service menu..they dont overheat.. sensors working just fine.
After i "fix" the problems it works for like 5-8 days and it overheats again.

Im looking for any new ideas of what i could do .
Thank you!
Sorry to be late but maybe this will help.
Since you replaced all the boards on the back of printer that only leaves the sensors or possibly the wiring. The main sensor isn't the traditional contact thermistor, so I would start by replacing that. Make sure the gap and "aim" of that sensor is within specs. I seem to remember that sensor can aim high if the frame is bent or the mount isn't in the dimple.
This is unlikely to cause your issue but it wouldn't hurt to make sure the wire for that sensor isn't pinched or tight.
Gl

emujo2
06-26-2017, 04:46 PM
I can already see where the smoke is coming from.
The copier is only powered when i'm there.
Not sure why but so many ppl here got nothing good or helpfull to say ...but every1 thinks he is an expert .
I know the risks and no1 is using it right now im only testig it to find the problem out of curiosity.

Thread closed.

IMO letting you know that a smoking copier is a very dangerous situation is quite helpful. Emujo

Custom Search