PDA

View Full Version : C554e SSD & firmware problems

Custom Search

digfm
06-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Hello,
I have a strange error with a C554e machine. I have changed the SSD because of restarting issues.
After the SSD replacement i have downloaded the last firmware but after rebooting the machine with the new SSD and new firmware the display arrive on the last shark pin and stuck on booting procedure.
I have downloaded again the firmware but with any result. Also tried to reset the board with .tar file to factory default but with any result.
Have anyone similar issues ?

Albonline
06-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Hello,
I have a strange error with a C554e machine. I have changed the SSD because of restarting issues.
After the SSD replacement i have downloaded the last firmware but after rebooting the machine with the new SSD and new firmware the display arrive on the last shark pin and stuck on booting procedure.
I have downloaded again the firmware but with any result. Also tried to reset the board with .tar file to factory default but with any result.

did you use a new ssd? did you set machine type?

ayeright
06-23-2017, 05:30 PM
There's a known problem with SSD failures on these products and, if I remember correctly, on replacing the SSD the first thing you had to do was power up in firmware update mode but it HAD to be the same firmware version which was on the machine before the failure. I'm sure there's a bulletin about this somewhere, will try and dig it out.

Oh yes and it takes ages, sitting there doing nothing, giving no indication just so that you give in and switch it off. Give it at least an hour before giving up on it!

digfm
06-23-2017, 05:49 PM
did you use a new ssd? did you set machine type?

Yes I have set the machine type, and also leave the boot operation for more than 2 hours, but nothing.....
Will try to put the same firmware....

mdtrinh
06-25-2017, 06:37 AM
Hello,

I had the same keep rebooting after power up with C454e last week.
After replaced new SSD Board from KM, reload G9 firmware, it works now.
Only thing I noticed that it take longer than before to boot it up during firmware and power cycle.
Your described symptom sounds like memory module issue. I seen those symptoms quite a few with C451, C352 machines.
Hope this help.

copier tech
06-25-2017, 10:07 AM
There is specific firmware you need to use before/after replacing the SSD, it may be that your SSD wasn't faulty.

Custom Search