PDA

View Full Version : T/A 8001i OCR data error

Custom Search

logrady2331
06-24-2017, 10:42 PM
Hello all again! I have the same 8001i I just asked about the web interface. I updated the firmware and the first time I did it I got a CTRL error. I downloaded the firmware again, re-flashed it and it recovered and finished the firmware upgrade. Now when I power it up it goes to ready then throws "OCR dictionary data not properly installed". I can clear it and it doesn't come back until the power is cycled. I saw a zipped folder in the firmware package titled "OCR" something. Not sure if I did the upgrade properly but I'm used to just sending all the firmware to the root of the usb stick and just plug it in and let it do it's thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

blackcat4866
06-25-2017, 01:07 AM
Firmware has not changed in it's installation.

A common mistake is to extract the firmware that is downloaded, then discover that there are compressed files in the extracted folder, then extract those files again. You only need to extract once. The MFP will deal with the remaining files that are compressed.

How big is your USB? Use the smallest possible.
Are you using Turbo?
Are there other files/versions on the stick?

I haven't had a Kyocera firmware failure in a good long time. =^..^=

logrady2331
06-25-2017, 02:39 AM
The stick is a new Sandisk 4 meg, used turbo the first time, re-flashed with non turbo, no other versions on the stick. I started with a freshly formatted (fat 32) stick. I haven't tried to re-flash the third time. I'll do that Monday. My guess is that will fix it.

blackcat4866
06-25-2017, 02:34 PM
One last thing:
I don't know how much it matters, but I'll usually disconnect the network and fax cables during firmware downloads (and during most service, since most endusers will continue to send print jobs while you're attempting to service their machine). =^..^=

logrady2331
06-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Thanks blackcat. Good point on the network cable. I'll re-flash on Monday and let you know if that fixed it.

logrady2331
06-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Blackcat, I re-flashed the firmware using a different USB stick and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the input.

blackcat4866
06-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Blackcat, I re-flashed the firmware using a different USB stick and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the input.

I'm glad it worked. =^..^=

iraqi tech
09-23-2018, 02:42 PM

Hi
Can I have a copy of the firmware please, I have a machine that shows ''PLEASE WAIT'' , and a friend of mine suggested to do a firmware .
Thanks in advance.

ss12
09-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Thanks blackcat. Good point on the network cable. I'll re-flash on Monday and let you know if that fixed it.

Another tip is to remove the ES.Skip file,this will ignore any existing firmware that is on the same level on the mfp and rewrite everything

Custom Search