PDA

View Full Version : C368 series ticking noise from fusing unit

Custom Search

B0265
06-27-2017, 10:26 AM
We have replaced several fusing units on C308 and C258 Machines lately. The claims has been a "ticking" noise from the fusing unit in stand-by similar to the problem we had in the Cxx4e series.
The common thing about the problem machines are that they are low volume and the problem appeared after 2000 - 30000 clicks.
Have anyone else had this?

copier addict
06-27-2017, 03:12 PM
We have replaced several fusing units on C308 and C258 Machines lately. The claims has been a "ticking" noise from the fusing unit in stand-by similar to the problem we had in the Cxx4e series.
The common thing about the problem machines are that they are low volume and the problem appeared after 2000 - 30000 clicks.
Have anyone else had this?

I haven't experienced this yet with the 8 series but it is likely the same problem as the 4 series. The fuser runs for a long time after a copy or print and causes premature wear. I don't understand why KonMin has manufactured their machines this way. Perhaps it is so us, as service providers have to buy fusers more often and increase revenue for them.

tech51
06-28-2017, 09:17 PM
KM have just modified the fusers and introduced a 'silent' mode for the c458/558/658 which stops fuser rotation during idling.
Perhaps they will do that for the slower models in the future?

rrrohan
06-29-2017, 06:48 AM
KM have just modified the fusers and introduced a 'silent' mode for the c458/558/658 which stops fuser rotation during idling.
Perhaps they will do that for the slower models in the future?

I thought rotation at idle was too stop flat spots on fuser

CraigW
06-29-2017, 02:01 PM
I thought rotation at idle was too stop flat spots on fuser

^^^Due to change to inductive heating now being utilized.

Take advantage of the YPP program for replacement unit.

darry1322
06-29-2017, 02:36 PM
^^^Due to change to inductive heating now being utilized.

Take advantage of the YPP program for replacement unit.

I believe most of the 8 series machines are using lamps. The rotation does help keep the fuser at an even heat and ready to begin functioning immediately. Best bet to reduce wear is to set energy save to a short timeout.

kmNoob
08-02-2017, 07:32 PM
I am having the same issue with a C368. The clicking
is coming from the left side of the fuser, I just can't pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. I can get it to make the clicking sound by turning the gears in the paper feed direction. I'd rather not have to order a new fuser for a barely used machine.

mo0651
08-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Warranty and YPP claims, Keeps KonicaMinolta responsible and they will get it fixed faster.:cool:

Mr. Joshua
08-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Warranty and YPP claims, Keeps KonicaMinolta responsible and they will get it fixed faster.:cool:

True, but frustrating when I already have more real work to do than I can manage. Too many games in this industry. I understand now why people hate these things.

EarthKmTech
08-06-2017, 11:01 PM
its the same C224 fusing unit used in 8 series upto C368 so you can expect the exact same problem of ticking bearings on low volume machines with excessive power save mode wait times. Also, there is no induction fusing in the smaller 8 series but it still rotates the fuser for quite some time.

You can replace the bearings, their part numbers are in the c754 series fuser repair bulletin. It is a time consuming excersize in these fusers. hence why no bulletin ever made. If you work for a dealer where every $ counts towards the dealership owners new ferrari and armani pin striped suits while you struggle to pay your bills, this might be an option.

Matt
08-24-2017, 12:27 AM
I am having the same issue with a C368. The clicking
is coming from the left side of the fuser, I just can't pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. I can get it to make the clicking sound by turning the gears in the paper feed direction. I'd rather not have to order a new fuser for a barely used machine.

I have had this same issue , I tried a new fuser but it did not resolve . The trick is to remove the covers and adjust the small tension springs on each end of the fusing unit . This worked for me .

B0265
08-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Just found out that the fusing unit is modified again, new part no A161R71999.

copier addict
08-24-2017, 03:39 PM
I have had this same issue , I tried a new fuser but it did not resolve . The trick is to remove the covers and adjust the small tension springs on each end of the fusing unit . This worked for me .

When you say "adjust" do you mean stretch them to reduce pressure between the pressure roller and fusing belt when the machine is idle?

allan
08-24-2017, 09:53 PM
The pressure retraction should remove the pressure during idle:confused:

copier addict
08-24-2017, 09:59 PM
The pressure retraction should remove the pressure during idle:confused:

Yes, but there is a smaller spring that keeps the pressure roller up against the fusing belt. That is the spring I am asking about.

avecosat
10-24-2017, 08:58 AM

I have had the same issue , What spring is it you say? thanks

Ashbell
10-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Hi guys, apologies for commenting on a "dead" post, but Konica Minolta have recently released a tech bulletin about this issue. If you have a service login you should be able to find the document on CSES.

avecosat
10-25-2017, 08:49 AM
Hi ,you could give me the bulletin number I can not find it thanks.

907tec
03-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Man, Konica's site is the worst. I am not able to find a bulletin regarding this, either. Any chance somebody could post the Ref#?

FXHO
06-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Man, Konica's site is the worst. I am not able to find a bulletin regarding this, either. Any chance somebody could post the Ref#?

Guys, I’m having the same issue. Does someone have the bulletin please.

Bix
06-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Hi, I had the same problem in a new series machine and with a few pages (10,000).

The fuser made a little noise. This is quite normal and happens in some cases. Just wait for a few copies and the noise will disappear with time.

Custom Search