PDA

View Full Version : C350 with Fiery

Custom Search

rasman67
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I have a c350 that when you scan the file can only be opened by the computer that it is scanned to. when you try to open the file by another compuer in the shared file an error pops up. Is there a security feature that is possibly turned on.

Thanks in advanced

laserman06
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I have a c350 that when you scan the file can only be opened by the computer that it is scanned to. when you try to open the file by another compuer in the shared file an error pops up. Is there a security feature that is possibly turned on.

Thanks in advanced

I do not know of any type of security setting on a C350, that would do that. Once the file gets to the computer, the C350 has nothing else to do with it.

I am sure that it is how you have your computer set up. What error does it give? Based on your answer, I or someone else might be able to help you.

rasman67
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
The message is Error opening document access denied. this happens on all machines exept for the computer with the FTP services on it.

Haroldbfix
08-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Thanks in advanced

Sounds like a permission issue with the folder. Make sure all the permissions are set to allow. Are the computers on different domains?

rasman67
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
The customers IT dept says that all permissions are set to allow. If another file is placed in the folder or created in the folder everyone can see and open it.

Haroldbfix
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
The customers IT dept says that all permissions are set to allow. If another file is placed in the folder or created in the folder everyone can see and open it.

Just a thought. If you scanned to a different shared folder on a different computer can everyone see the scan?

Custom Search