PDA

View Full Version : Another T630 issue - Duplexer this time

Custom Search

Rivergoat
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Machine not duplexing. Paper comes part way out the output bin, then throws an error of potential jam, check duplexer. Well, duplex tests from the diag mode don't work, I put on a known good duplexer with the same result, checked cabling from J29 on mobo to the bottom connector, looks OK (but my last cheapie volt meter/ohmeter bit it, and I didn't have one with me). Tried another mobo, same result. Seems like the duplexer motor is not turning on, but I know it's a good duplexer. Could it be a short in the cable to the connector? I do see that the connector is daisy-chained to the envelope feeder connector as well. As I say, the wiring looks OK. I'm not sure where else to look other than the wire and the connector itself. Wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue. Thanks, all!

prntrfxr
08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
uninstall envelope feeder. install duplex unit again and see if it works without envelope feeder.

Rivergoat
08-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Oops, perhaps you misunderstand. Although I traced J29 to both the bottom and envelope connector, this unit has no envelope feeder on it.

Custom Search