PDA

View Full Version : Can konica 1100 PRO black printer do mix media? and how?

Custom Search

BOTOY
07-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Hi guy,
We recently purchase konica 1100 pro B/W machine with PF 709 feeder unit. On feeder unit brochure, they say that it can do mix media, mixplex...
But i can't find how? when asking reseller, they say machine can't do it, so why on brochure catalogue KM say it can do it with PF709 unit installed?
We need to use this function when printing on carbonless paper.
Thanks,

blackcat4866
07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
You may count on continual difficulties if you're going to run NCR paper. It ruins registration rollers. It ruins fusers.

I am thankful that your machine is outside our service area. =^..^=

BOTOY
07-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks blackcat4866 for advice. But wen buying this machine, we specify that we need to use NCR paper on it. Commercial dis not say it will be issue if using NCR on this machine.

We try to buy NCR paper 80g and not 57g.

Now can you help us about using mixed media on this machine?

Thanks,

You may count on continual difficulties if you're going to run NCR paper. It ruins registration rollers. It ruins fusers.

I am thankful that your machine is outside our service area. =^..^=

blackcat4866
07-06-2017, 11:47 PM
I can make one suggestion: Charge twice as much as you would charge for plain paper. Because you will get approximately 1/2 of the life of your normal machine consumables.

Oh, wait ... one more: Please contract service with one of the competitors. I'm sure they will be glad to lose money on your service agreement. =^..^=

BOTOY
07-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Thanks again, blackcat 4868. We don't use machine only for carbonless paper. We will consider seriously your advice and will search other machine for printing on NCR paper.

But that don't answer my question. So if i want to print on plain paper but different color on the same file like one color from each tray, (white, red, yellow, white, red, yellow....). What cani do because it's not easy to specify each page try on file of 150 page.
Thanks,

blackcat4866
07-13-2017, 01:47 AM
You can alternate paper sources from any of your paper trays. I forget the actual button names ... it's where you select paper inserts for chapter headings. The programming is a little unwieldy, but I'm sure that it can be done. =^..^=

ldharnden
07-13-2017, 02:25 AM
I used to do things like that without issue. The easiest, simplest way is to have a Fiery type of controller added to the machine to Compose what you need. Most drivers will allow you to do this, but it is a royal pain in the a$$! It really does not matter the manufacturer.

Blackcat is right, NCR KILLS equipment! There really is no better manufacturer, it just is horrible! The coating is what kills, not the paper weight. Good luck!

BOTOY
07-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your help,
Actually we abandoned trying to print NCR on pro 1100. Many jam and work on is laborious, so back to offset for NCR paper and looking for other print to do on this machine because it was purchased to make NCR with direct numbering. It was a bad idea :mad:, commercial don't say it can not work on it.

blackcat4866
07-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Good choice. It just gets increasingly frustrating and costly when you try to make the machine do something it cannot do well. I'm sure that you can find some plain paper printing to do with it. =^..^=

Custom Search