PDA

View Full Version : C351 Can not change tray paper size

Custom Search

Techmike
07-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Hello
I have a Bizhub C351 which i just recieved . paper tray shows up as A4 but i am using letter size also i am scanning letter size but it scan as A4 and then it ask to make sure A4 in tray..
how can i change it to letter size?
Also when i try to go in service mode nothing changes on the screen

femaster
07-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Hard to say what the problem is. The tray sizes are automatically detected based on where the paper guides are set. If the guides are tight against the paper, it may be that the metal "fingers" behind the tray, that do the size detection, are bent and reading improperly. Could also be a bad sensor on one of them, but more likely a bent arm.

Scanning through the ADF is the same, paper size is determined by the location of the paper guides. If the guides are tight with the paper and reading the wrong size, then they may need to be re-calibrated in service mode.

copyman
07-08-2017, 04:02 AM
not sure on that model but you may be able to manually set the paper drawers to a certain size. Sounds like someone changed paper tray settings to european A4 size or maybe the country somehow got changed from US. Most likely just a setting. Does it have 2 drawers? or even check the bypass, will they recognize 8.5x11 letter size paper?

Techmike
07-08-2017, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Techmike;569001]Hello
I have a Bizhub C351 which i just recieved . paper tray shows up as A4 but i am using letter size also i am scanning letter size but it scan as A4 and then it ask to make sure A4 in tray..
how can i change it to letter size?
Also when i try to go in service mode nothing changes on the screen[/QUOTE

Thank you guys for replying.
But i have check the tray and all the fingers are in place also when i move the guides it wouldn't change to Letter size.
only the bypass changes.
But i still cant copy because when i scan it shows up on the screen scanning A4. then asking me to select the correct paper size.
I am a Ricoh Tech an expected it to be straight forward. i can even access service mode.

Any other advice?

copyman
07-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Maybe you didn't see my question, does it have the 2nd tray? What about by-pass tray on side, can you get them to recognize letter size paper?

If none of the trays will show letter than you need to get into service mode and check to see what country set to, etc

Synthohol
07-08-2017, 11:51 PM
check user setting, system setting measurment setting for inch or metric IIRC.
also check user setting printer setting paper setting and default paper size.

Techmike
07-10-2017, 02:29 PM
OK Guys.
All the trays had the same issue except the Bypass.

However I realize the machine fuser was cold, so i check the fuser and the plastic on the rollers were torn. I replace the entire fuser unit with another used one.

when i did that i switch the machine on and left it there for the entire day. So last nite i when back to it and i saw the paper tray was at letter size. also when i try to move the guides it was responding. also when i put a document to copy it also recognize the size of the document on the exposure glass which is Letter size. Another thing is i can have access the service mode now, but it was on Chinese however i manage to change it to English.

HOW is it possible for (1) Paper tray size start to work (2) access to Service mode (3) Exposure glass recognize the right size......by just replacing the Fuser Unit.

Now when i press start it scans but noting happens. it says "print error" no codes, also fuser unit still cold....

but the screen say ready.

Any other advice guys?

Custom Search