PDA

View Full Version : C6501 with C-4521 Color Registration fault

Custom Search

CopierCare
07-07-2017, 02:06 AM
Have a C6501 with a C-4521 Fault. Have switched out color registration sensors, Transfer belt, transfer belt assembly, Printer control PWB. Test sheets in adjustment areas of service print out fine. So I assume not a drive problem. Sensors read so assuming no wire problem. Fault will not go away. HELP?

Woxner
07-07-2017, 03:20 AM
you may need to replace dev and drums. this happens when they age. it doeent make good patches

CopierCare
07-07-2017, 03:10 PM
They have all been replaced very recently. Two weeks ago.

methogod
07-08-2017, 11:09 AM
clean the front sensor on the color reg sensor.

have this happen when you let the belt cleaning unit get too old, doesn't seal and waste toner goes everywhere. Also when your waste toner augers need to be vacuumed this can happen.
clean see how long until it happens again, i would show client how to clean as well...

if it happens all the time then it could be failed unit.

Synthohol
07-08-2017, 03:42 PM
C-4521
Workaround/Fix

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. It is possible toner or dust is deposited between the color registration sensors, PS8 and PS9, and their outer cover. Simply wiping the sensor will not resolve the problem.
Remove the color registration assembly (p/n A03U R7980 0) and inspect the sensors. If toner or dust is deposited between the sensor and its outer cover, the color registration assembly must be replaced.

2. The Pressure Plate (p/n 65AA 1095 0D) that holds the color registration assembly (p/n A03U R7980 0) is malformed and is causing the color registration sensors to not read the belt correctly.
Re-form the pressure plate that holds the color registration assembly.

Root Cause
C-4520 (C4520) and/or C-4521 (C4521) after power up.

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: ICP17 is open on the Printer Control Board. The wiring between the printer control board and the hardware counters may be pinched. If the wire is shorted to ground, ICP17 on the printer control board will open, resulting in the error code. If the wire is broken internally without shorting, the machine will function but the counter will not increment.

SOLUTION: Check the wiring between the PRCB and the Total Counter. There might be a short to ground close to the Total Counter. After the short is found and repaired, replace the PRCB (p/n A03UR75900).
If the wiring is not damaged, reposition it so that it is secured in the plastic hooks behind the counters. This will keep the wiring from being pinched when the cover is removed and reinstalled.
It is recommended that all machines be inspected at setup or the next service call to prevent future incidents.

methogod
07-09-2017, 01:32 AM
whats life on belt?

femaster
07-09-2017, 08:46 PM
whats life on belt?

In the original post is states that the "transfer belt" and the "transfer belt assembly" had been "switched out". So, not sure if one of those was supposed to state transfer roller, and also not sure if that means the parts were switched out with new or working used parts. Guess we need to wait and find out what that means.

CopierCare
07-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions. Not sure what original problem ended up being. I went out to verify everything my tech was telling me and found the post holding the sensor assembly was slightly bent, reformed and it toke off and running. Amazing what a sensor pointed at the right spot can do.

methogod
07-10-2017, 11:51 PM
great...

mrwho
07-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the input, will keep that in mind if that ever happens to me.

I was going to look for a youtube video that addresses it and post it as a reply, but I believe it is just about cleaning the sensors and not much more...

Custom Search