PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 - Forward Tx error / Login error

Custom Search

rydmec
08-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I’ve got a KM Bizhub C450 connected to a Windows 2003 server controlled domain. I am able to print to it across the network. I can ping it & log into it in my web browser. The user box functions are also working (used for secure printing from Windows XP workstations).

Well, now onto what I can’t do. Scan to SMB is not working. I’ve tried setting it to use the IP of the destination PC, the PC name, login credentials with domain level admin rights, login credentials with PC level admin rights, and a few more combinations of things that at the moment escape my memory… With everything I’ve tried I continue to get one of two error messages in the job history log.

Error one: Forward Tx Error

Error two: Login Error

Sadly scan to E-mail is not an option due to the sensitive nature of the data being scanned. Any and all comments, suggestions, scolding, and/or general help on this would be nothing short of godsend. Well, maybe I can do with out the scolding… ;)

konisolver
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
You need to have the latest firmware level or it will not authenticate to a windows 2003 domain. Bring the unit to phase 2 and above.

rydmec
08-22-2008, 07:34 PM
You need to have the latest firmware level or it will not authenticate to a windows 2003 domain. Bring the unit to phase 2 and above.

I've already flashed the unit with the K0 firmware from Konica. If there is a newer release can someone direct me to it?

dallas
08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Give this solution a chance.

Change the default domain security settings.

Open Server Managemant:
Default Domain Controller Policy -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options

Change:
Mircosoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always) to "disabled"
Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (if client agrees) to "disabled"

rydmec
08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Dallas, but before I give that a try I like to know if there is anything that can be done either at the C450 or at the destination workstation first. The only reason for this is I don't have much freedom to play with any of the security settings. This network deals with a LOT of medical records & other confidential material.

pepper38_cnd
08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
In the wins configuration put the address of your server even if you are not running wins on the server. If this doesn't work then use the KonicaMinolta FTP utility works great every time.
Also when setting up scan to PC SMB if possible always use the administrator name and password.

Custom Search