PDA

View Full Version : C-6702 error on Konica Minolta C6500

Custom Search

jay3
07-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Not sure what to do at this point. Just pops a C-6702 error when I try to print.

jay3
07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Powered off, checked all the (never used) scanner/ADF trays and the outside cable connector.

Powered on and tried again.... this time C-6703 error.

Synthohol
07-12-2017, 10:05 PM
C-6702 is a Scanner: Scanner FIFO abnormality. id start by reseating or replacing Memory control board/1 and/or Memory control board/2 .
will it print internal test pages successfully?

6702:

Address abnormality of FIFO for
scanner. When scanning an
image, compression of scanned
image data is not correctly com
pleted.
Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
Image memory control board
(IMCB

6703:

After negation of SVV, compres
sion of scanned image and evo
lution to page memory are not
completed.
Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
(IMCB)
Overall control board (OACB)

jay3
07-13-2017, 12:29 AM
C-6702 is a Scanner: Scanner FIFO abnormality. id start by reseating or replacing Memory control board/1 and/or Memory control board/2 .
will it print internal test pages successfully?

6702:

Address abnormality of FIFO for
scanner. When scanning an
image, compression of scanned
image data is not correctly com
pleted.
Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
(IMCB

6703:

After negation of SVV, compres
sion of scanned image and evo
lution to page memory are not
completed.
Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
(IMCB)
Overall control board (OACB)

I saw that stuff too and I thought "oh boy here we go :(:(:("

Then I found another post on the topic out there in the wild that suggested some issue with the FILE / RIP / RIPPED IMAGE and to reboot the RIP and the printer then try adding the image to RIP again for print. Did all that and worked fine... just ran about 500 13x19 prints without issue. Weird (but thank god). :o

jay3
07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
I guess I spoke too soon. C-6702 error is back.

jay3
07-14-2017, 01:27 AM
And we're back working again! :cool:

Ok, so if anyone has this problem C-6702 or C-6703 (possibly C-6701, C-6704, C6705, etc. from "image processing" as well) then make sure to check or even replace your RIP cable at both ends - the RIP side AND the copier side. Pay close attention the female posts that the cables screws screw in to (make sure all 4 are there -- 2 on copier side, 2 on RIP side) and make sure your cables screws are not broken.

In my case the cable screw on the copier side was broken so it must have been making a bad connection. I just cleaned it all up using parts from a junk/spare adaptec SCSI card. YMMV. Just be sure to check your rip-to-copier SCSI cable if you start seeing this message out of the blue. I'm guessing someone bumped the cable and broke it (without telling me :mad:)

rockboy69
08-08-2018, 11:28 AM
hi all

please forgive me for bombarding your thread im new here

i have a konica minolta c6000L and am having some issues and came across your thread i too am having a C-6703 error when i print from WorkStation
but if i do a test chart from the LCD from the E-100 RiP it comes out with data noise and broken images

i also checked all the cables and connectors to all the boards everything seems in order, also replaced the cable from the Fiery to the copier but still same issue

Custom Search