PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 360 (black and white), shuts off all of a sudden, then reboots several times

Custom Search

rapidocument
07-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Bizhub 360 (black and white), shuts off all of a sudden, then reboots several times a day, I initially blamed the customer electriciy circuit but it's doing the very same in my shop, you turn in on, all fine, starts copying or printing apparently no issues, and suddenly withouth touching anything the display goes black and reboots, initial screen and all....everything fine again until later in the day, same story,...I am going to check it back tomorrow monday but I'd like to have a clue, I already measured voltages inputs and LVPS outputs all seems OK. main switch reads continuity OK too.

P.S.
Firmware is out of question because if turns it off by itself during upload the machine could be ruined.

femaster
07-17-2017, 12:14 AM
My first thought would be memory. Make sure contacts are clean and it is seated properly.

allan
07-17-2017, 12:18 AM
look for codes in the history. Some critical error like a memory problem.
Or it could be the power supply or other components.

Eresources
07-17-2017, 01:46 AM
Ideas:

1. Unplug the network cable. Had network speed setting issues causing controller to reboot.
2. Unplug/replace HDD. MML's sometimes had CDXXX service codes for theses.
3. Re seat memory as someone suggested.
4. NVRAM (long shot)

gl0ryh0und
07-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Despite your voltages being apparently stable you might also consider the power supply as faulty. Especially if the machine is just sitting and it reboots. However you might want to observe how it behaves entering and exiting power save mode. Set it to a short time, see if the power cycling happens in conjunction with a state change in the engine.. My gut feeling is you're most likely looking at a controller board or a power supply issue. A reboot when a motor activates is an indication that the power supply sags when a demand is put on it.

blackcat4866
07-19-2017, 11:56 PM
look for codes in the history. Some critical error like a memory problem.
Or it could be the power supply or other components.

Ideas:

1. Unplug the network cable. Had network speed setting issues causing controller to reboot.
2. Unplug/replace HDD. MML's sometimes had CDXXX service codes for theses.
3. Re seat memory as someone suggested.
4. NVRAM (long shot)

These two are my suggestions. My guess is that your machine initializes normally, but just when you might see the User Boxes and Scan Functions, the machine figures out that the HDD is not functioning and re-boots. You might also see C-FA14 errors on your history. =^..^=

Custom Search