PDA

View Full Version : Jam codes 66-06, 66-14 on a DF-704

Custom Search

bearyb
07-18-2017, 06:14 PM
My machine is a Bizhub C368 with a DF-704.

I'm trying to scan a mixed-size original document (LTR and 11x17) that has had 3 holes punched into it. The 11x17 sheets had been folded in half before punching, so when flattened out for scanning they have three pairs of holes (top, center and bottom) near the center fold. Apparently these same kinds of documents have been scanned by this machine in the past without issue, but now it won't even eject the first page without stopping and throwing a 66-14.

I substituted a stack of non-punched, mixed-size sheets and tried them in the ADF Paper Passage test and they went through just fine. I also scanned just the LTR size sheets with holes in them, and they also scanned fine. I even put a piece of clear scotch tape over the center holes in one of the 11x17 sheets, and it then scanned just fine. There's something about the "double hole" pattern that is causing the jam...

Well, I just turned the document upside-down, and it scanned just fine. It turns out that the holes are not exactly centered from top to bottom.

blackcat4866
07-19-2017, 12:11 AM

Well, I just turned the document upside-down, and it scanned just fine. It turns out that the holes are not exactly centered from top to bottom.

So it's definitely a sensor flag falling into the closely spaced pair of holes, probably the center set. If it doesn't throw off your side registration too much, maybe you can jump the original tray rack gears to shift the stack of originals a few millimeters to the front or rear. If those pages are inconsistently punched, it's anybody's guess where the hole punches will align. You should probably make your enduser aware of the punch hole situation. Perhaps they could purposely punch those holes a little high or a little low to clear the sensor flag. Who knows? =^..^=

Custom Search