PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Demo page ALWAYS 180 degrees off

Custom Search

giddyupngo
07-18-2017, 08:51 PM
This is a strange one. This is a 364e. When you print the Demo Page (bird picture), it is always rotated to the wrong orientation. If you put the paper in portrait, it will print the bird landscape and it will be cut off (obviously). If you put the paper in landscape, it will print the bird portrait and again it will be cut off. It happens in tray 1, 2, and bypass, with letter and legal. However, it auto-rotates copied originals through the ADF and on the glass correctly. In other words, it does everything right EXCEPT print the demo page. Machine is registering the paper orientation in the trays correctly, no problems there. Font list, configuration page, Meter Count Sheet, all print OK. I just left it. I considered firmware, but this is a military base with a special firmware, so it cannot be upgraded. I went through all the the rotation settings and couldn't find anything that would cause this. Machine ran a full self-diagnostic ok, memory, etc.
Just checking if anyone else has seen this.

avecosat
07-19-2017, 08:36 AM
I have had problems with that test and have always been solved by turning off the machine five minutes in a C220 always came out in B/W , in a C224 only exit the bird and the frames but not the letters......

EarthKmTech
07-19-2017, 09:12 AM
got plenty of machines that don't print the demo page properly but otherwise work fine. It's of no consequence so have never looked into it.

When ever a machine has inexplicable behaviour i start by printing the management list of a same model working fine unit and comparing soft switches between the two. I've almost always found the problem here, even from new there have been errors.

Also, default printer settings at the control panel change demo page behaviour, such as if some clown has set the printer to default to thick 3, every time you go to print a demo page the machine will ask for thick 3 but otherwise work perfectly. I'd be looking here too.

giddyupngo
07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Thank you both, good advice.

Custom Search