PDA

View Full Version : C224e "replenish paper" message

Custom Search

copier tech
07-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Hi all,

Went to a C224e today, it was intermittently showing “replenish paper” on tray one (A4)
I checked the usual, no paper trapped behind the tray etc.
Opening & closing the tray will eventually clear the message.

I updated to the latest FW as a precaution.

Any known issues that I’m not aware of?

Many thanks.

Synthohol
07-20-2017, 10:04 PM
tray guide shift.
loosen the screws and center the side guides.
from what i've seen user fills tray and closes the tray like they are bowling for a strike.
that shifts the inner guts and it does not register the correct size with the sensor/actuators in back of the machine.

copier tech
07-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Great description, I was also blaming customer error!

Is it possible to turn off the "auto paper size" detect & manually tell the machine what paper size is loaded? I looked but couldn't find that setting, only Auto.

kingarthur
07-21-2017, 11:41 AM
it's a long shot, is the paper loaded in the tray correctly, I've had misfeed problems when sheets at the bottom of the tray are folded over, so when the feed tyres lower, they push the paper away....maybe when the paper is being used and the lift up is lifting, it's not quite detecting because of that....as I say it's a long shot

mo0651
07-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Look for a crack in the lift lever. It is black in color and hard to see.

neil greenhough
07-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Look for a crack in the lift lever. It is black in color and hard to see.Its more likely the sensor assemby at the back of the machine. The wires to the sensors break after a while giving intermittent paper empty errors.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Boltaction
08-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Its more likely the sensor assembly at the back of the machine. The wires to the sensors break after a while giving intermittent paper empty errors.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Digging up an old thread, but just to clarify are you talking about the paper near empty sensor by the lift motor or one of the size detection sensors at the back of the machine?

I'm having an issue with an intermittent "replenish paper" message, at first we swapped the paper empty sensor on the feed deck, still came back, so we swapped the entire tray 1/2 feed deck and it still came back. We ended up changing the machine out and we have not heard back from them but bringing the machine in and testing it in my shop I cannot re-create the problem.

I would blame the issue on the customers paper (perforated 8 1/2 x 14 with the perforation directly in the middle running length-wise right where the paper detection flag sits) but the new machine has been on site for two weeks with no problem reported.

Just curious to see if the near-end detection sensor would throw a replenish paper message.

Synaux
08-14-2019, 04:06 AM
Digging up an old thread, but just to clarify are you talking about the paper near empty sensor by the lift motor or one of the size detection sensors at the back of the machine?

I'm having an issue with an intermittent "replenish paper" message, at first we swapped the paper empty sensor on the feed deck, still came back, so we swapped the entire tray 1/2 feed deck and it still came back. We ended up changing the machine out and we have not heard back from them but bringing the machine in and testing it in my shop I cannot re-create the problem.

I would blame the issue on the customers paper (perforated 8 1/2 x 14 with the perforation directly in the middle running length-wise right where the paper detection flag sits) but the new machine has been on site for two weeks with no problem reported.

Just curious to see if the near-end detection sensor would throw a replenish paper message.

I am not sure about the sensor assembly, but where in the world are they getting 8.5x14" with a center perf? And what are they using it for?! I have never ever seen that...and I have a background in the paper industry. Sorry for "answering" with a question. :rolleyes:

Boltaction
08-14-2019, 11:00 PM
I am not sure about the sensor assembly, but where in the world are they getting 8.5x14" with a center perf? And what are they using it for?! I have never ever seen that...and I have a background in the paper industry. Sorry for "answering" with a question. :rolleyes:

Specifically it is for funeral home programs, 8.5 x 14 half-folded. I have never seen it before outside of this account

Custom Search