PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C353 fuser info

Custom Search

groovy
07-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Hi all,
need a feedback on the C353 fuser.
There is a ptc to sensing the temperature. My question is: what side of the ptc actually is sensing the temperature?

Don N.
07-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Hi all,
need a feedback on the C353 fuser.
There is a ptc to sensing the temperature. My question is: what side of the ptc actually is sensing the temperature?
Whats a ptc?

copyman
07-24-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm with Don on this one, not sure what a PTC is. But when speaking about copier/printer fusers & temps, anything that senses temperature in a fuser will be touching or facing the fuser rollers. The same for thermal fuses, they always face "toward" rollers as well.

groovy
07-26-2017, 09:16 AM
PTC is also known as thermistor.
In this machine is not so near the pressure roller.
It is a double face component, in a mylar case, facing both the pressure roller and the fuser case, copper plated near the component...

copyman
07-26-2017, 01:05 PM
First let me ask, what kind of issue are you having? Most of the time fuser codes are false and will reset with trouble reset feature.

I've rebuilt many C203/253/353 fusers replacing the orange roller that breaks apart using China rollers (Not an easy task to rebuild!) Parts not sold by K/M for this fuser unit as well as most of their fusers. Have to buy the whole fuser or aftermarket parts from China. If I'm not mistaken thermistors in this fuser can only be installed one way because tabs won't line up if wrong. What you are thinking of is the "thermostat" is behind a black plastic cover. Never had a bad one.

groovy
07-26-2017, 05:28 PM
This is my case. Fuser rebuilt using china rollers. The copier very frequent says error codes about low or high temperature. The black frame surrounding the thermistor may be bent, so it can be lowered or raised causing an error reading the effective fuser temperature.

First let me ask, what kind of issue are you having? Most of the time fuser codes are false and will reset with trouble reset feature.

I've rebuilt many C203/253/353 fusers replacing the orange roller that breaks apart using China rollers (Not an easy task to rebuild!) Parts not sold by K/M for this fuser unit as well as most of their fusers. Have to buy the whole fuser or aftermarket parts from China. If I'm not mistaken thermistors in this fuser can only be installed one way because tabs won't line up if wrong. What you are thinking of is the "thermostat" is behind a black plastic cover. Never had a bad one.

Custom Search