PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C353 Bizhub color issue after changing print heads

Custom Search

RogDov
07-24-2017, 08:46 PM
I had a error code C-4152 which in the manual says I have to change print heads. I changed all four PH and the error code disappeared, but when I ran a test copy the colors where all like in the picture and the black color only printed half way on the page. I opened the copier again and changed back to previous print heads, except magenta which was the original problem. This means I now have changed only one print head - magenta.

Now when I test print/copy all the colors shows, even the black, but still like in the picture. The picture is from latest test print.

I need som help on what could be wrong, please.

copier addict
07-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Go back in and make sure all the printheads are locked in properly. There are two springs behind each PH and they have to be in the right position as well.

RogDov
07-25-2017, 06:43 AM
How to properly check if the springs behind the print heads are in right position? It is hard to see anything when printhead are in position. Both rear and front plastic tap are locked in their "holes".

One thing I noticed is that the placeholder for the PH to the right has no pinion. The PH itself has a small pinion, but the placeholder does not. This applies only for the placeholder to the right. The other placeholders have pinions. Is this normal?

Before I changed print heads (before error code) the C353 printed and copied as it should.

paulrid
07-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Look to see if the gap to the right hand side is even on the PH they are a real bugger to get back in, check all connectors and ribbon connectors, remove and look if any have peeled back. The black PH doesn't have an adjustment on it only the colours.

RogDov
08-07-2017, 09:32 AM
I have checked the gap to the right hand side and it is all the same. Both plastick knobs on right hand side of PH is inside the wholes/slots. All connectors are ok. Still I get the color issue. Before I got the error code for PH it all worked fine. Now no error code, but the color issue have appeared.

Any ideas?

RogDov
08-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Look to see if the gap to the right hand side is even on the PH they are a real bugger to get back in, check all connectors and ribbon connectors, remove and look if any have peeled back. The black PH doesn't have an adjustment on it only the colours.

The gap is the same for every PH. The black plastic knobs are in posistion and the connectors seems fine. Still the same color issue. It worked perfect before the error code on PH change appeared, so it has to to with the PH change. Any more ideas?

RogDov
08-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Please help!

I have checked and triple checked all connections and the print heads are all in correct position. However the problem still occurs. Could it be something else? I have read about people with drum unit issues. But then the lines/stripes would be sharp edged, would it not? Is there any color calibration which may solve the problem?

Woxner
08-25-2017, 09:02 PM
if it was fine before you started then you screwed up plane and simple. except you had the code. you need to read the book and do the color adjusment for each laser. ist a mech. adjustment. only the blk is hard to seat. in the fure only replace the laser at fault. this does not look likea drum problem

copier addict
08-25-2017, 09:56 PM
If it was me, I would go back in and remove all printheads. Then re-install them starting with the black one. I know first hand that they can look to be in the right position but still be out of place. Set the printhead in position, make sure the back of PH is in properly (the two springs must be in correct spots) with the PH on a slight angle, kind of "roll" it into place. You should feel it lock into position.

copyman
08-25-2017, 10:34 PM
also the spring clips that hold them in place have to have the right spring to them and seated properly. if you say the pins are in their holes then I think you don't have clips on right. The diagram in service manual specifies how the clips have to sit. Did you remove small white gears from the 3 colors before replacing?

I have replaced literally 50+ of these and have never had to do an adjustment after (maybe Graduation adj)
I only replaced the one to correct the code. I know K/M says to replace all at same time but I never did. Early on these things would code as soon as the weather got cold. They came out with bulletin & firmware to correct it but by that time I had replaced a lot of printheads! Got it down to 26 mins to replace a single PH !!! First time I did it by the book it took 2+ hrs.

srvctec
09-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Check the ribbon cable on the left side of the circuit board that all the print heads connect to. I had an issue a couple weeks ago where I had to replace the print heads and accidentally bumped that ribbon cable, knocking one end slightly out of the connector. My symptom was no black image.

Custom Search