PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 the following functions can not be used because the scanner

Custom Search

linakerd
07-25-2017, 08:02 AM
The following functions can not be used because the scanner is unavailable . Copy/Scan/Fax.

I had a machine that the junior was working on . Hes left the NVRAM off the board for a week . i got the machine back together but it it lost everything there must be a soft switch to switch the scanner back on but i cant find it anywhere . Ive put all the serial numbers in . and formatted the hard drive but still telling me scanner unavailable.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
07-25-2017, 12:35 PM
1. Turn OFF the main power switch.
2. Turn main power switch ON while pressing the Utility/Counter key.
3. Touch [Trouble Reset].
4. Check to make sure that [OK] is displayed and it has been reset.
5. After turning off the main power switch, turn it on again more than 10 seconds after and check if the machine starts correctly.

emujo2
07-25-2017, 01:57 PM
I disagree. The message you are getting is because the MFP detected a problem in the scanning system. It gave the user the opportunity to continue usage without the scanning functions and the user said OK. If you were messing with the system board at the time my guess is you have a disconnected or poorly connected cable. Either way, until you correct the issue, each time you cycle power you will be back in the same boat. Emujo

Synthohol
07-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Really? You wouldn't try a trouble reset?

copier tech
07-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Really? You wouldn't try a trouble reset?

Trouble reset is for fuser errors

emujo2
07-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Also used to reset lamp malfunctions, but no I am not saying don't try it, just don't think it will solve the problem, plus, once those isolation codes are locked in, you must cycle power, the MFP must get past the fault, then continue to boot up. Emujo

Synthohol
07-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Seriously?
I've been working on konica since it was Minolta 18 years ago.
Trouble reset is for a whole variety of issues as well as a diagnostic method.
I hold 130+ certifications for konica Minolta including Outward Professional.
If I suggest a trouble reset why would anyone disagree?

emujo2
07-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Not trying to offend, trouble reset is to clear a "safety" error. This guy has a scanner problem (could be board, motor, cables, sensors etc..) Trouble reset would be limited to clearing a Rank A error code. If the MFP was generating a Rank A error, it would not allow the user to continue operations bypassing the scanner functionality. It would just throw a Fuser or lamp error and it would not warm up..Poster mentioned replacing NVRAM...I still believe it's connector related. Emujo

Synthohol
07-25-2017, 09:48 PM
just for the sake of clarification, once he does the trouble reset and reboots, if its a hard fault he will see the trouble code and we could have further diagnosed it.
if the scanner worked again after reboot it could have been something as the scanner not reaching the HPS or for a variety of reasons.
either way a trouble reset is the first step in ANY component/accessory isolation issue.
paper behind a tray, c0202 code and locks out tray. a trouble reset will set it straight again. no amount of power cycles will reset it.
its not just for lamps or fusers.
some errors you have to do a soft reset as described and others must be done with service mode initialization system error clear.
either way i wasnt trying to have a pissing contest with you, i just have enough experience over the years walking through troubleshooting with someone that i was taken aback when you flat out said
each time you cycle power you will be back in the same boat. sure you could be unless you TRY a trouble reset first, period.
thats all i will say on this and i hope the OP reports back soon.

copyman
07-25-2017, 11:44 PM
Synthohol (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) I see your point about getting the code to come back by doing a trouble reset but I agree with emujo2 that this seems to be an isolation. Thought when something is in isolation only way to reset it is in service mode and unset the isolated feature? Most of time when scanner is isolated it is because of one of those stupid CCD codes. I've had to replace a few ccd units on the C220 series to correct this.

linakerd
07-26-2017, 12:35 AM
Hi All
Thanks for the response I've tried the reset and straight back to scanner unavailable . There are no codes coming up ,this is whats throwing me . I've checked and rechecked all connections, all are connected . There is no movement from the scanner and the lamp doesn't power on in initial check . in service mode there is no ADF button to do any adjustments its like it doesn't see it has a scanner.

anything else you can suggest? it was working before it was messed with .

thanks

femaster
07-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Have you tried re-enabling the adf/scanner in the trouble isolation section of service mode? It may be tripped to have it disabled, which would explain why it is unavailable with no service code. Just a thought. The fact the ADF button doesn't show up also leads me to believe that it may be disable in service mode.

copyman
07-26-2017, 04:42 AM
Like I said in my earlier post if you checked isolation and scanner was "UN"set (all should be highlighted) then....with no response at all from scanner and machine not recognizing it, it has to be a connection or bad board. Check for bent pin(s) on cable that goes from MFPB to scanner. May have to check voltages at different connectors as a last resort, one of those rare times needing to look at the schematic:mad:

Good luck

allan
07-26-2017, 04:52 AM
Alrighty then.

First goto Service mode > Counter > Service Call History Data. Look for sc codes there.
Then goto Counter > Section Service Call. It gives you a brief description of the error.

If it starts with a C6xxx or even a C8xxx its related to anything above the fuser.

Then goto System 1 > Problem Unit Isolation Set. Check if any thing there is SET and UNSET it.

Could be that you need to do NV ram recovery or Firmware. Leaving the NRram out or leaving the machine switched off for a week should be the same thing. I had machines switched off for years and the time and data was still ok. Sorting the pins out is another thing.

allan
07-26-2017, 04:56 AM
Like I said in my earlier post if you checked isolation and scanner was "UN"set (all should be highlighted) then....with no response at all from scanner and machine not recognizing it, it has to be a connection or bad board. Check for bent pin(s) on cable that goes from MFPB to scanner. May have to check voltages at different connectors as a last resort, one of those rare times needing to look at the schematic:mad:

Good luck

Ok great you know whats up.
What was the initial concern about the NVram?
Check for ICP's.

linakerd
07-26-2017, 05:33 AM
Hi all it looks like the CCD caused the fault as it doesn't say function un available it does however now have an error code c- 5730 . :confused: this isn't in the manual .

any ideas on this if just re applied the firmware . its a bit or a lemon but i wont let it beat me .

thanks again

copyman
07-26-2017, 05:47 AM
The few times I had scanner stop working on that C220 series was from a CCD trouble code. As I said in earlier post I've had to replace a few CCD units. Another time the connector was loose for the ccd unit.

emujo2
07-26-2017, 01:22 PM
just for the sake of clarification, once he does the trouble reset and reboots, if its a hard fault he will see the trouble code and we could have further diagnosed it.
if the scanner worked again after reboot it could have been something as the scanner not reaching the HPS or for a variety of reasons.
either way a trouble reset is the first step in ANY component/accessory isolation issue.
paper behind a tray, c0202 code and locks out tray. a trouble reset will set it straight again. no amount of power cycles will reset it.
its not just for lamps or fusers.
some errors you have to do a soft reset as described and others must be done with service mode initialization system error clear.
either way i wasnt trying to have a pissing contest with you, i just have enough experience over the years walking through troubleshooting with someone that i was taken aback when you flat out said sure you could be unless you TRY a trouble reset first, period.
thats all i will say on this and i hope the OP reports back soon.

Sorry, but gonna beat a dead horse here.. A C0202 code is classified as a Rank B code. These are reset by open/close the front door. Rank A= Trouble Reset, Rank B= Open/close front door, Rank C= Cycle power. All of these clear their associated ranked code, but if problem is still there they will just pop back up again. Since the user was offered the "choice" of bypassing the faulty section and continuing w/o the use of these features, this was a self isolating error. User will be prompted to turn the "sub" power switch to continue. If the main power is cycled, the self isolated component is assumed to have been corrected and the MFP will start its normal cycle. If it hasn't been corrected the process will start again. Trouble reset does not clear Rank B,C or self isolating problems. A trouble reset may reset a fuser over temp, but it not designed as a normal trouble shooting step as it is "directly" related to a safety issue. We were in hot water over a tech that gave the trouble reset procedure to a customer and the customer wound up melting his fuser because he just kept doing the trouble reset. Emujo Edit..And BTW, if I'm incorrect in my views, I encourage you to show where you are finding written documentation on the use of the trouble reset feature. This is the way I have been taught in KM classes and how I read the use of trouble reset in the SM.

copyman
07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Great explanation Emjuo!

Just wanted to add some of the codes like the C0202 code will isolate after trying to reset a few times. At that point you have to go into service mode and "UNset" that tray, etc. (most of the time paper stuck behind paper drawer in the case of C0202)

Synthohol
07-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Well I guess my 18+ years of experience and certifications does not hold a candle to your book knowlege.
A tray lockout can be reset by a soft reset as I detailed last page AND by unset in service mode.
One day you will see no amount of book knowlege compares to the real world.

I'm not mad btw, I'm actually amused at the lack of real world experience it appears some people have.

tech51
07-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Calm down lads!! We're all in this together(even though I live a long way from the USA).
I have 35 years of real world experience going back to the original Mark 1 and while I agree with Emujo2, I also agree with Synthohol!
There are some things that trouble reset sorts out that aren't documented. Also I tend to use system error clear in tech rep mode rather than trouble reset as that also seems to clear reocurring errors that again aren't always documented.
Having said all of that it was a shame that the original poster didn't find the code earlier that would have helped a lot.

Synthohol
07-26-2017, 06:51 PM
While I was driving I got to thinking.
In my 980+ posts and hundreds of PMs I dont think i have asked for help here once. (Except for a manual for a brand I don't normally service)
I joined this site because I saw a collaborative effort to help others with their machines and nobody ever called anyone out on anything but only offered an alternative procedure or information.
You made it personal with the dead horse.
I also donated money to this site multiple times to keep it going, you don't.
I've been doing this long enough that I really wanted to freely share my experiences with others and help them solve the machines issues and have done so in posts PMs and not once have I told any member they are wrong. I may say "if that advice does not help maybe try this"
I run a server with all manuals, firmware, movie data, fiery system software etc and I have spent hours downloading stuff for members and sending it to them.
By trying to prove me wrong instead of offering advice for the OP you have hijacked this thread and it has become nonproductive. This is not the reason I joined and support this site.

emujo2
07-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Syn, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I just think you are using the trouble reset function incorrectly. And I have 25 years doing this stuff and was a field tech for the last 22, so I do have a little more than "book" knowledge. I also hold all the certs (Outward master and so on) that you do. I simply disagree with your statement about the use of this feature. I have been corrected on the forum more than once, and I don't get bent out of shape over it. Let's say that someone else may learn what the different resets can do and they might be able to correct a problem...It's a win for both of us. Emujo

Custom Search