PDA

View Full Version : brother mfc 8840D paper jam, rough sound

Custom Search

srose
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Brother MFC-8840D , 2-3 years old

Hardware problem:

Power on --) rough thrumming sound

Copy --) paper goes part way thru drum/toner assembly, then jams, with a single paper fold. Red status light, "paper jam"

Photo of inside (w/o drum toner) available upon request,
however nothing seems out of place.

Ideas?

No service manual.

All help appreciated!
Thanks.

srose
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
1) We have used ONLY genuine Brother Toner and Drum.

2) Rough sound occurs during power-on without any drum/toner installed. Occurs at the point when the print motor is turned on during the power-on sequence.

3) No obvious paper scraps are visible,
either in front, or, at the rear.
(I lowered the back output paper tray, and slid open the black plastic jam release cover for the fuser, and opened the two blue pressure release latches).

We have printed about 63K pages.
We are on our 3rd drum.

Thanks

raym
08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
1) We have used ONLY genuine Brother Toner and Drum.

2) Rough sound occurs during power-on without any drum/toner installed. Occurs at the point when the print motor is turned on during the power-on sequence.

3) No obvious paper scraps are visible,
either in front, or, at the rear.
(I lowered the back output paper tray, and slid open the black plastic jam release cover for the fuser, and opened the two blue pressure release latches).

We have printed about 63K pages.
We are on our 3rd drum.

Thanks

it sounds like you have a broken heat roller gear. if you are not a tech, you're gonna have to find one as this is not something an end-user should attempt.

ray

jtymabel
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
i would also replace the fuser drive gear and the heat roller gear. (if the noise comes from the fusing assembly)

jtymabel
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
check the service notes

Custom Search