PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-253, service code C-5370, MFP-Board cooling fan

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Bizhub C-253, service code C-5370, MFP-Board cooling fan.

Replaced fan without success. I have only boards for the C-353 which likely will not work in the C-253. Any ICP known to cause this error? Any other reasons/solutions please?

Hans

linakerd
07-31-2017, 05:01 AM
I had the same problem . which fan did you replace ? if like me it was the small fan on the board .its the wrong fan . its the fan that sits flat under neath the mfp board in the black plastic housing . I managed to clean the fan with alcohol and it worked .

hope thats some sort of help

Don N.
07-31-2017, 11:52 PM
I had the same problem . which fan did you replace ? if like me it was the small fan on the board .its the wrong fan . its the fan that sits flat under neath the mfp board in the black plastic housing . I managed to clean the fan with alcohol and it worked .

hope thats some sort of help

DITTO LINAKERD. Did the same damn thing on a C360! It wasn't the one on the CPU, but the one under it!

Hansoon
08-01-2017, 06:19 AM
???? C5370 refers to the little fan in the housing on top of the shield box. C5371 is the little fan on the CPU.

Anyway, I replaced the PCRB board with no result. So I have another boat anchor and machine will be replaced with a BH-C-280 in the coming days. Ofcourse this is a hard to reach customer deep into the Black Forest with very narrow stairs, a very nervous lady etc. etc.

God, do I HATE those C-203,253,353 series............

Had with them until now every possible failure except the dreaded stuffed waste toner system.

Sorry for the rant

Hans

Don N.
08-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I had a rental C353 on military base (PITA) to get on board... Replaced main PCB for (?) code but had to also replace the power supply. MAYBE the ICP is in the power supply???

Hansoon
08-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Yes Don that's what I believe too since none of the fans except the PCU fan are running during firing up. As far as I recall at least the heater cooling fan must turn when the machine is booting.

I promised myself to replace all of the machines of that series as soon as any other problem develops than a used up TB, Heater, Drums or Developing unit. This machine - a rental - will go out now. I have just no motivation at all to go there again with a PU to face perhaps within a few month's a defective drive motor or printhead, just to mention some. Still have another 4 units in the field. One of them, a billable customer, is replaced within the coming two weeks. All the rest are rentals so they are my risk. :(

Hans

Don N.
08-01-2017, 04:31 PM
I'll be glad to see them go, since especially on rental, we eat the image units. Had a few lasers go, several main boards. Starting to see drive motors now that they are older. Far better split drum/dev. design on the c220/c224/c224e series. We even started replacing the drums & blades on the c220 & 4 series but ran into charge grids with some burnt/flaking plating. I wish someone would make those charge grids. They cannot be cleaned well enough to stop the faint lines. When we get a color drum dr311/dr512, that just has timed out by the chip with low usage, it's a good candidate for new drum, blade & chip at about half the cost of new oem. We just buy the cleaning blade for the dr512 since it's the same as dr311 blade, with added seals on the ends.
Cheers!

Custom Search