PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 only black and white printing is currently available

Custom Search

linakerd
07-31-2017, 02:52 AM
Please help the C360 has a few messages on the copier display .
only black and white printing is currently available.
Fax can not be used currently
punch can not be used currently
staple can not be used currently

it copies in colour prints in colour but the message is there . The machine has no Finisher so why would this message come up .https://www.thecopiernetwork.com/images/smilies/confused.pnghttps://www.thecopiernetwork.com/images/smilies/confused.png

thanks in advance

emujo2
07-31-2017, 01:27 PM
So, all this popped up out of the blue, or is there a back story you have omitted? Lighting strike, NVRAM replacement, last tech onsite did.....an what have you tried so far to resolve the issues? Could also be you have reached the life of a color consumable, and maybe some goofed up soft switches for the "run til failure" modes. Emujo

blackcat4866
07-31-2017, 04:34 PM
My guess is that the MFP had those accessories at one time, but have since been removed. They're probably still SET in the option section. =^..^=

emujo2
07-31-2017, 07:10 PM
Agree with fax, but finisher (minus punch) is set when connected. You don't have to electronically in install these. Maybe he still has the bridge kit in and is completely foreign to copiers (user). Emujo

Don N.
07-31-2017, 11:50 PM
Perhaps someone has gone into service mode & set the trouble isolation for fax, punch & staple. Without checking, I don't know if that's on the isolation list. Just a thought.
Taking one at a time, I would check that the fax circuit 1 is set in svc mode, then power off & check the fax card & mount (2 harnesses) are properly installed. As above, check color consumables for 90%+ usage, color toners can look like 20% on screen with low toner indicated, so best way to get exact toner levels is the web in by IP address. Check finisher connector on rear for damage/pinched wire. (History would be nice here... just purchased & FN removed because of common freight damage to connector?) As above, FN is plug & play except punch type.

linakerd
08-01-2017, 12:58 AM
its a trade machine Bought in now i know why . the quality is very good just these strange messages black and white im guessing need the dev and drums replacing its the other messages that have me a little confused

Don N.
08-01-2017, 01:32 AM
its a trade machine Bought in now i know why . the quality is very good just these strange messages black and white im guessing need the dev and drums replacing its the other messages that have me a little confused

I just went out to the shop & was able to lock out staple, even on a machine with no FN! (SVC MODE, SYSTEM 1, TROUBLE ISOLATION) The exact message appears "staple can not be used currently"
Yours probably had a FN, and a Fax and someone locked them out after damaging FN & removing fax. (previous dealer not returning the whole lease package?) Check for CBXX codes in history for fax errors. Check if fax is set in service mode. Unset it if it's been removed.

linakerd
08-08-2017, 01:12 AM
thank you for the help unfortunately I've had to give up and put the machine for parts . the fax board is on the machine but not recognising it and i have tried setting and unsetting the problems i was having . thank you for your advice and I'm sure i will be back asking questions again.

Custom Search