PDA

View Full Version : KM C6501 - Lowest Temperature

Custom Search

garethmrn
07-31-2017, 12:31 PM
I am printing some Yupo Blue polypaper on our KM C6501 and have reduced temp settings on Upper/Lower Rollers and Compulsion heaters....
Any ideas on how I can make it any cooler?

Phil B.
07-31-2017, 02:31 PM
I am printing some Yupo Blue polypaper on our KM C6501 and have reduced temp settings on Upper/Lower Rollers and Compulsion heaters....
Any ideas on how I can make it any cooler?

reducing temperature will causing toner bonding issues.... why the need? is the polypaper rated for a laser based life form?

garethmrn
07-31-2017, 02:52 PM
The product is certified for use with HP indigo presses

Phil B.
07-31-2017, 03:15 PM
The product is certified for use with HP indigo presses

correct me if I am wrong HP indigo presses are ink based life forms...

KM C6501 is a toner based life form ( using a fuser )

media that is rated for ink based is NOT recommended for use in laser based units... the media can wick out the oil on the fuser rollers causing damage.... besides the " poly films" can melt in the fuser causing HUUUUGE problems and damage to the fuser.

garethmrn
07-31-2017, 03:32 PM
The paper supplier told us it was fine for use on the konica, the product is going through fine and the toner is fusing fine on lower settings it is just curling slightly and I want to print the other side...

Phil B.
07-31-2017, 03:52 PM
The paper supplier told us it was fine for use on the konica, the product is going through fine and the toner is fusing fine on lower settings it is just curling slightly and I want to print the other side...

wow after all this conversation... you could have made it clear from the git go... you will have curl on media really not a way to get around it.. done

Synthohol
07-31-2017, 07:32 PM
Hehe a paper supplier saying it's ok for that machine is like asking a clown in a white windowless van with free candy spraypainted on the side if he can babysit your kid.
https://printplanet.com/filedata/fetch?id=223934&d=1345693096
That's the official substrate assurance guide for your beast.

Phil B.
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Hehe a paper supplier saying it's ok for that machine is like asking a clown in a white windowless van with free candy spraypainted on the side if he can babysit your kid.
https://printplanet.com/filedata/fetch?id=223934&d=1345693096
That's the official substrate assurance guide for your beast.

hmmmm funny I don't see polypaper there at all!? Does that mean his supplier LIED to him about it being "ok"
to use with a LASER machine? I have NEVER seen INKJET PAPER ok to use with a COLOR FUSER based machine!

Phil B.
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
hmmmm funny I don't see polypaper there at all!? Does that mean his supplier LIED to him about it being "ok"
to use with a LASER machine? I have NEVER seen INKJET PAPER ok to use with a COLOR FUSER based machine!

because we all KNOW that a salesperson would NEVER lie just to make a sale!:mad::mad:

Synthohol
08-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Fwiw there are 3 kinds of poly paper certified for the C8000 but I didn't find anything for the C6501.

Custom Search