PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 jamming 1701 up to 5 times in a row.

Custom Search

nmfaxman
07-31-2017, 07:32 PM
The strange thing is that I have 2 machines side by side doing the same thing.
Have done clutches, sensors, cleaned and replaced rollers.
Customer running through LCC most of the time.
At first thought it was because of Windows 10 since it was the only common thing they had together. Disabled printing and 2 day later same thing. Jam history shows it happening.
I can't get them to jam while I am there.
Ran over 1K on each machine without jamming. I duplexed and hole punched each set of 50.
Ran it in test mode with 4 originals and duplexed for 15 minutes and no jams.
I am starting to look bad to this account, so I am getting desperate for an answer.

Anybody have any ideas?????????

D_L_P
07-31-2017, 07:58 PM
Jamming several times in a row then working fine for hundreds of pages in my experience has been the torc limiter. Especially once they get above 500k on the trays.

methogod
08-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Paper, Dust, Feed Tires, Torque Limiter (bottom of the feed), If all that and still does it I would look at clutches.

What kind of volume on the machines?
Both the same age?
Only jamming from LCT or specific Trays?

nmfaxman
08-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Can't be reg clutch because 1701 is a delay jam between PS 44 and PS 32.
PS 44 is before registration. PS 44 had a notch in it and I smoothed it out with a Scotchbrite pad.
New feed and sep rollers 40k ago. Nap is correct and torque adjustment @ 3 as per factory. All transport roller cleaned with Citrus Solvent. Paper dust removers replaced 30k ago. Torque limiters, by hand are working as they should.
Righty has 1.5M and lefty has 1.3M. In my opinion, still young. I would consider upgrade after 5-6 Mil.

I have set Lefty to max tension and Righty to minimum on torque limiter to see if it makes a difference, but customer complaining when it jams 3 times in a row and calls me to fix it with some kind of magic wand. They have done damage to the ADU unit many times because they get impatient and just release the handle manually and pull hard.

Got the contract from a less than reputable company and have had to put in about $700 in parts in each machine.

I had a DI 750 that went over 8M untill a $0.50 gear was no longer available. Never had major jamming issues @ registration the way these are doing.
What bugs me is both are doing the same thing in the same pattern.
2-5 jams in a row then works fine for a couple hundred.
To recoup $ for parts and time I put in, I need it to work for the next 6 months.

Any other ideas?????

Flash
08-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Did you replace clutch that drives the horizontal conveyance above tray 2?

blackcat4866
08-03-2017, 02:01 AM
Sorry I can't picture that pickup assy (It's been too long). Can you do a stack height adjustment, pickup roller height adjustment, Loop adjustment? =^..^=

methogod
08-03-2017, 03:03 AM
BRING YOUR OWN PAPER....

what paper are they using? Staples RED is crap, office depot RED is a little better.

allan
08-03-2017, 04:50 AM
I would strip of the unit(bypass) and check and clean the sensor, its got one sensor common to both paths.
Next would be the registration unit check for worn out mylar.
If that fails up the paper loop.

femaster
08-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Have you cleaned the oneways (and scuffed the shafts) in the bypass unit and drive unit inside copier behind the ADU assembly?

bizhubber
09-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Check transport roller in Lct. Open front door of Lct , reach up and roll transport manually. It should roll smoothly. If it sticks or takes much effort to roll , you'll need to clean and lube the rear bronze bushing on transport roller. Easiest way , 1.. remove Lct lid (2 screws and 1 spring), 2... remove narrow top cover on Lct next to copier body (maybe half dozen screws), 3...locate rear transport bushing now exposed and apply a drop of alcohol., 4... work roller a bit and then flush the alcohol and gunk with a shot of compressed air, 5...apply a light lube ( I like Super Lube) and again work roller. It should roll smoothly for a long time now . The gummy bushing seems to code like worn pickup rollers in the Lct.

DBToner
10-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Just something to think about we had a document feeder that was jamming in the morning but by the time the tech got there in the after noon everything was working fine. What we finely discovered was that the sun was shinning on some of the sensors in the morning making them think paper was there when there was no paper so it would go into a jam. Do you have sensors that maybe picking up light from a different source?

copyman
10-10-2017, 02:20 AM
Been there done that. I've had this issue several times and was never able to completely stop jamming from the 1k & 1.5k front drawers. Even practically brand new out of the box with less than 30k on the meter I had one that jammed! Always been the same crap with this design, going back to the di5510. I ended up putting on the side LCC's and they worked great. Telling customer to not use Tray 1 or 2 and only use side LCC was not a problem considering they were gaining paper supply with 4k sheets.

As i have posted before this is in my top 10 worst machines. My last bitching was about the toner system in these toner pigs. Paper jamming was the other issue. These 2 things just shouldn't happen on a production model!

Wish I could of been more help. By the way I have an LU-405 that you can have for free if you can "pick it" up in NJ. It was working perfect when I upgraded a customer. Ended up scrapping the machine but didn't have room for LU to go to scrap yard. This biz 601 had only 400k on it and I didn't take one part off it because it was my last one. Man it felt good when I tipped that pig into the truck with a loud bang, glass breaking, and to see the machine puff it's last breath of toner :cool:

Custom Search