PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 Scan 2 Email Problem

Custom Search

joneze
08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi people,

Got a strange littlr problem on a Bizhub 600 where it will say the job has been completed successfully but it never arrives in the inbox. Now the simple answer would be that its something to do with there mail server not delivering the message but there is also a C450 sat next to this machine with same settings...etc but that works perfectly fine. Tried firmware upgrade formatted hard drive...etc. SMB scanning works fine just seems to be email.

Thanks
Mark

bgbas
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Hope this won't sound like an odvious question but, have you looked in your junk mail folder?

joneze
08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Hope this won't sound like an odvious question but, have you looked in your junk mail folder?

Thanks for your reply. Yeah its not going into the junk folder. I also have noticed that normally when scanning you get the little icon appear at the bottom but with this you dont it seems to instantly go to the jobs history as completed but never arrives. I have formatted HDD reloaded firmware...etc

Thanks

RockETop
08-28-2008, 12:06 AM
I have had a hinckey DC power supply screw up scanning. Dirty power too.

blueboy2001
08-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Is the IP address and/or host name of the 600 permitted for SMTP relaying through the mail server? Most places lock this down because it is a security risk.

joneze
08-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Is the IP address and/or host name of the 600 permitted for SMTP relaying through the mail server? Most places lock this down because it is a security risk.

Yeah it is. This is a recent problem it has worked for a good few years then all of a sudden it decided to stop. Now one little thing i have noticed is when you input IP address on the copier normaly the machine automatically moves across to the next series of numbers but this doesnt u have to move it across manually. Now this might be something of nothing but it never used to do that or have i ever known any machine to do that, but like i said i have tried reloading firmware and that didnt fix this.

Haroldbfix
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi people,

Got a strange littlr problem on a Bizhub 600 where it will say the job has been completed successfully but it never arrives in the inbox. Now the simple answer would be that its something to do with there mail server not delivering the message but there is also a C450 sat next to this machine with same settings...etc but that works perfectly fine. Tried firmware upgrade formatted hard drive...etc. SMB scanning works fine just seems to be email.

Thanks
Mark
I bet there is a security setting turned on within the B600 admin settingd. I had a C352 that said Job complete but the scan could never be retrieved, and it was a security setting.

Rusty old cat
08-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't know if this will help but maybe...... If the clock on the unit is not set correctly the server may not process the job because it thinks the date has already expired. The other thought is that your network may have a spam filter that is stopping your email from that unit. Had these problems on another brand.:confused:

Haroldbfix
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
another option could be try scannng to your laptop,to help isolate the issue to their network or the device.

joneze
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for all your replies. Im waiting for thier IT company to call me so we can actually see whats happening on the server as the scan is sent.

Thanks again

Custom Search