PDA

View Full Version : C552 OCR Issue

Custom Search

afterhours
08-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Hello all,

I have a c552 in the field that may have had a surge. Long story short we had to do a nv ram recover. The tech forgot to switch the softswitches that keep you from reseting your meter/all data. Now we have lost all of our ocr license info. We have the machine running perfect but the customer paid to have the ocr upgrade but we do not have the license code to activate. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this without having to go through Konica Minolta?

Thank you

emujo2
08-04-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you will need to go through KM to get the initialization code. Do you have a copy of the original token code? PM me with the s/n and I'll see if it shows up on the LMS system for you. Emujo

mitchl
09-20-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you will need to go through KM to get the initialization code. Do you have a copy of the original token code? PM me with the s/n and I'll see if it shows up on the LMS system for you. Emujo
Hi Emujo, I have the same situation, had a NVRAM melt down on a C552 thats only used for scanning and searchable PDF and now need a token code to revpair the feature. Heres the serial number A0P00110037, can you run it through the LMS and see what comes up please?

emujo2
09-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Either you are missing a number or there has never been anything registered for this. Emujo

mitchl
09-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Either you are missing a number or there has never been anything registered for this. Emujo I bought the LK-105 online and my tech set up the machine so its very possible that KMBS has zero record of it. With a token code theres no reason to contact the LMS am I correct?

emujo2
10-04-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't believe you need KM username/password to install a LK, but the token code must be used to generate the license code and this can only come from the LMS server. Possibly on the older 3x5 card with the token printed on it, it gave you a link to the LMS server. Newer devices can activate the LK by entering the token code in SM or through PSWC. The MFP contacts the LMS server and self installs the license code (30 digit code). Emujo

mitchl
10-04-2017, 04:26 PM
I don't believe you need KM username/password to install a LK, but the token code must be used to generate the license code and this can only come from the LMS server. Possibly on the older 3x5 card with the token printed on it, it gave you a link to the LMS server. Newer devices can activate the LK by entering the token code in SM or through PSWC. The MFP contacts the LMS server and self installs the license code (30 digit code). Emujo
Made it past that now I need the machine and type info for a C552 with first 4 digits of serial A0P0, any idea what the machine and type info would be. I have a chart for the 4 series but not C552's? The machine thinks it has generic FW in it.

emujo2
10-04-2017, 04:57 PM
If you mean when you print a config sheet you get a page that says generic, then this is softswitch 10, needs to be set at HEX02. If you have loaded the incorrect firmware you should be getting an error code. Emujo

Custom Search