PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous AS/400 Printing C287

Custom Search

hisam1349
08-07-2017, 02:18 AM
Good Day Sir,
Do anyone have encountered Printing from AS/400 (IBM System) from Konica Minolta Bizhub C287. Which i have actually set all settings accordingly.

g. Font Identifier - 011
h. Form Feed - * Autocut
i. Manufacturer - *HP5si
j. Paper Source (both) - *letter
But the outcome is the printing margin have a cut-off on the right side of the print layout. If set according to the above settings, printing landscape is not an issue, but printing on portrait will be having issue on the cut off side edge. Have tried to adjust leading edge and also side edge. But still having problems.

Synthohol
08-07-2017, 01:48 PM
You may need an ipds converter like an app "green server" or a physical converter box.
From the interface of the converter you can adjust margins.

hisam1349
08-08-2017, 03:53 AM
Hi Synthohol,

Thanks for the info, however is the ipds software could be generated directly from AS/400 printing system itself. or do we need to set a few procedures to convert it to printable format.

Synthohol
08-08-2017, 01:57 PM
I have 3 as400 clients and they all need either the software interface converter (blue server) or a something com box.
Good luck.

KenB
08-08-2017, 02:17 PM
If you are getting output at all, IPDS is NOT in the mix, and therefore NOT an issue.

IPDS (Intelligent Print Data Stream) uses a different character set (EBCEDIC) vs. ASCII. Most printers can't natively interpret IPDS.

IPDS is native to the AS400 family, but quite a few AS400 customers use what is known as HPT (or Host Print transform) on the AS400, that converts the IPDS data into ASCII, so that non-IPDS printer can be used.

Unfortunately, IPDS output is superior to HPT; it can support formatting and color (I know, color off an AS400 sounds weird, right? But it is being done).

Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right ASCII driver to set up on the AS400.

Typically, the HP5Si works well, but IBM (the maker of the AS400) keeps updating their list of supported models.

It may be worth a call to KM tech support to see what they recommend. I'm sure they have been faced with that very question before.

Custom Search