PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J-7281 In a FS-532

Custom Search

kenpio
08-09-2017, 12:32 AM
Hi there,
I have a different one here. What is happening is the customer does the two staple about 90% of the time doing books. So what is happening is that it will staple on the back part of the page, the stapler moves to the front and it stops and then the paper gets pushed up about an inch and the it pops the J-7281. In the I/O we checked PS43,29,27,22 and 6. We switched PS22 and 6 around with the same result. This customer has 2 BH1052's both with a FS-532. So we switched the staple heads with the same result. We have redone the firmware and upgraded the finisher firmware to 71. Still the same thing. It can corner staple all day. We staple the narrow setting, still the same thing. KM says to check wire harness and that looks okay. So we are left with the Finisher Control Board. The thing about this is that it does it every time. Just pounding our heads against the wall. Just wondering if the Control Board is the right direction.

Thanks
KEN

habik
08-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Hi there,
I have a different one here. What is happening is the customer does the two staple about 90% of the time doing books. So what is happening is that it will staple on the back part of the page, the stapler moves to the front and it stops and then the paper gets pushed up about an inch and the it pops the J-7281. In the I/O we checked PS43,29,27,22 and 6. We switched PS22 and 6 around with the same result. This customer has 2 BH1052's both with a FS-532. So we switched the staple heads with the same result. We have redone the firmware and upgraded the finisher firmware to 71. Still the same thing. It can corner staple all day. We staple the narrow setting, still the same thing. KM says to check wire harness and that looks okay. So we are left with the Finisher Control Board. The thing about this is that it does it every time. Just pounding our heads against the wall. Just wondering if the Control Board is the right direction.

Thanks
KEN

I'd say yes. If you are 100% sure the sensors are OK, then board should fix it. Saying that, I'd still replace all PS as I had it once on FS535 where near side PS was malfunctioning in such a way that it would do rear staple in corner, or middle and when doing middle and coming to home position on front side it flicked a code. PS I/O check was OK in service every time. Re-connecting PS solved my issue.

kenpio
08-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Just wanted to update, the problem ended up being the wire harness to the staple unit! We replaced a board and could not get the firmware to take! Ordered another board and the firmware took and still had the same problem! So it ended up being a $30 wire harness as opposed to a $450 control board. The boards are going back!!!

Thanks
KEN

Custom Search