PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email problem with Multixpress c9201

Custom Search

impactllc
08-10-2017, 09:28 PM
I need to start by saying I am not a super Tech guy but have general knowledge. So my issues is we had a wireless router/firewall that had to have the settings reset. After we did that, I can not get our scan to email function working. When going through the steps to set up as the admin manual says, when i try to test the email this is what I get: Outgoing E-mail Server(SMTP) is configured, but cannot be running. I know the email settings are correct as I had our provider on the phone with me going though the server config. Can anyone help me!!!

petermays
11-14-2017, 12:13 PM
I need to start by saying I am not a super Tech guy but have general knowledge. So my issues is we had a wireless router/firewall that had to have the settings reset. After we did that, I can not get our scan to email function working. When going through the steps to set up as the admin manual says, when i try to test the email this is what I get: Outgoing E-mail Server(SMTP) is configured, but cannot be running. I know the email settings are correct as I had our provider on the phone with me going though the server config. Can anyone help me!!!

hi,if all settings are correct in mc thens its a server issue.IT will never say they wrong.scan to mail is the most easiest thing to set up if you have all the right settings.

maybe use has passwords on the server so even with correct smpt address it wont work.
set up scan to folder until it can be sorted.

Custom Search