PDA

View Full Version : do you turn KM6500 power off when finish your work?

Custom Search

alan2016
08-13-2017, 05:37 AM
I brought a second hand KM6501, cannot find any maintenance service in my area. all job need to by myself which make me really nervous.
if any body can help in any kind will be really aprerciated.

• do you guy turn off all the switch after working?
• it is kept in my garage, the floor is not at same water level, it is possible to adjust coastal wheel (looks quite impossible) to make the main machine not tilt on one side?

• I try to connect the bulk paper cabinet connect, but after all the paper trays may not recognised and paper jammed, if make it flat level can make it in working order?

Woxner
08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
hope you have ac in the garage. if you cant level this with the feet then use wood blocks with the leveling feet. if you are not trained you will be in trouble trying to service this. you have to do so many things in the right order otherwise everything else is off. this is not your basic copier. it also needs to run alot of copies to make it run properly. you can turn it off if you dont use it. shut the conntroller down first. This is not cheap to work on. pm is 2000 bucks dealer cost and you will never get the life out of the drums and dev and coronas so add extra cost. even more often if it sits or not used with 50000 color a month. 30 k might be ok

blackcat4866
08-13-2017, 04:40 PM
• do you guy turn off all the switch after working?

No. Leave the switch On and let it go to sleep.

• it is kept in my garage, the floor is not at same water level, it is possible to adjust coastal wheel (looks quite impossible) to make the main machine not tilt on one side?

If you mean casters, I would say that's not a good idea. The machine must be levelled to work properly. I would suggest building a slightly raised platform with a 3/4" plywood deck that is level. Keep in mind that the accessories must be rolled away from the base machine to service. If you build a platform 1" bigger the the copier's footprint (like I've seen plenty of people do) the accessories have to be lifted off of the platform to service, and they're not light. It would be better if the platform was 3' to 4' longer end to end. Another concern is that you garage is probably not climate controlled. You'll want your machine in an environment between 60F to 80F and 30% to 50% humidity at all times. You'll have a lot of problems otherwise.

• I try to connect the bulk paper cabinet connect, but after all the paper trays may not recognised and paper jammed, if make it flat level can make it in working order?

Yes it is important to level up the paper feed unit. Being un-level will cause jamming.

Custom Search