PDA

View Full Version : BH-363 mono, no "Frimwar" update...... :)

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Done this a zillion times but this time I get instead of the firmware update screen the message:

"External memory has been detected (installed). Currently, this feature cannot be used."

Firmware A1UDFW.tar is on the same stick I always use. What's wrong? Is there a Frimwar going on? :)

Hans

Synthohol
08-13-2017, 07:33 PM
forgive the simplicity of the question but you are using the service port and not the one on the panel right?
also the flash drive should be a 4 gig or less on that model for best results and the drive should be formatted fat32.
just checking the basics before i suggest a system data reset.

Hansoon
08-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Yep, yep and yep. Thanks, but I'm using the same stick with software as always. I have for every machine and purpose a dedicated stick and never change them nor the firmware which is on it.

Hans

copier tech
08-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Are you trying to update the firmware for a reason or just part of general maintenance? E.g does the Bizhub have a fault.

Synthohol
08-13-2017, 11:07 PM
ok, i have had a few like that and 3/5 were fixed by a system data reset and movie data. the other 2 had to have the MFP board replaced.
you can only backup the address book via pagescope sadly on the 3 series.

Hansoon
08-14-2017, 11:14 AM
* solved * Weird! The connector from the photo sensor for the USB firmware socket was off. That's why the machine didn't know that the little cover was removed and it should start the firmware update procedure.

Thanks for thinking with me guys.

Hans

Custom Search